Forbidden Mates Ch. 8

Rose's P.O.V.

"Is that what your father was talking to you about?" I ask.

Hunter shakes his head.

"I was just making sure you understood what was going on." He replies.

I looked around some more before my eyes rested upon Hunters.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I ask.

"An enemy pack has arrived in town and until they leave, no one is allowed to go alone. That includes you." Hunter says.

"Well, I guess that's a good thing for me. Maybe they could rescue me from you and from this place." I say.

Hunter grabs my arm and squeezes it hard.

"If they find you, they will not only torture you but they would also interrogate you." He says.

I shudder as images of me being tortured ran mindlessly through my head.

"So if you don't want that to happen to you, you need to stay with me or within the territory at all times." He says.

I just nod my head, unable to speak as more images ran through my head. I could barely hear my name being called. I vaguely felt warm lips upon mine. I snapped out of it and looked at Hunter.

"What did you do?" I ask.

"I kissed you." He replies.

Shock ran throughout my entire body.

"But why?" I question.

"I wanted to and because I can." Hunter replies.

"Whatever." I say shaking my head walking away.

My arm was grabbed and I was spun around.

"Don't walk away from me." Hunter growls out.

"Please let go, you're hurting me." I whimper.

He let's go of my arm slowly; when he finally let's go of me, I start walking away from him.

"Rose, I'm sorry. Please don't be afraid of me." Hunter says.

I heard the sincerity in his voice. I slowly turned around looked into his eyes. I saw that he truly didn't want me to be afraid of him.

"What can I do to make you happy?" Hunter asks.

"First, a nice hot shower and second, perhaps a shopping trip for new clothing." I say.

"Alright, I can do that." He says.

I follow Hunter inside the house and towards his bedroom. I began to head to the bathroom when I stopped.

"Can I possibly get something different to wear for a while." I ask.

"Yeah, hold on a second." I hear Hunter say.

I turn around and watch as he opens the closet door and pulls something out. He tosses it to me so I catch it. I hold it out so I can look at it. I read the printing on the t-shirt and it says, 'Game of Thrones.'

Then he walks over to the dresser beside me and opens up the third drawer and pulls out a pair of black sweatpants.

"I hope these are okay." He says handing them to me.

I take them as well. "They'll be fine, thank you." I say.

"And as for your undergarments, I'm afraid I can't help you there." Hunter says.

I laugh at that. "I'll be fine for now." I tell him.

I head into the bathroom and close the door. I placed the clothes Hunter gave me onto the toilet seat. There was a towel hanging up so I picked it up and smelled it, making sure it was okay to use.

I hear a knock on the bathroom door so I opened it.

"The towel that's hung up hasn't been used." Hunter says.

"Thanks for letting me know." I say closing the door.

I got undressed and then I started up the shower. I stepped inside and got cleaned. After I was done, I dried myself off with the towel and got dressed.

I looked around in the two drawers for a comb but I couldn't find one. I patted my wet hair down and then I opened the bathroom door to find Hunter sitting on the bed.

"Do the clothes fit?" He asks.

"Yes they do. Thanks again for letting me borrow them." I reply.

"It's the least I could do." He says getting off the bed.

"Do you happen to have a new comb I could borrow?" I ask.