Forbidden Mates Ch. 22

Rose's P.O.V.

I pushed the chair in and followed them into the living room.

"I'm going to get changed and check on Hunter." I announce. 

"Don't bother Rose, join us on the couch and hang out." Dominic tells me.

I gave up trying to get changed and I joined the guys on the couches. No one turned the television on, it was just silent. It was pretty awkward and I was hoping that someone would start talking. I was about to say something when I saw a figure walking out of the hallway.

"Hey, look who it is!" Ash announces. 

I saw Hunter walk out of the hallway with my phone in his hand. 

"Your brother Aiden has been calling nonstop." He says.

When I pushed myself off the couch, I heard the ringtone from my phone began playing. I walked over to Hunter and he handed me my phone. I took it from him and answered it. 

"I'll be in our room." I mouthed to him.

He just nods his head and walks over to join his brothers'. I walked off in the opposite direction towards our bedroom. I closed the door and sat down on the bed.

"Hey Aiden." I say on the phone. 

"Hey Rose. I was hoping to come out to visit you." He says.

Hunter's P.O.V.

"Hunter, can I talk to you in private?" My brother Connor asks. 

We step outside and I faced him. I could sense that something was on his mind.

"So what's up?" I ask.

"You're lucky to have Rose." He tells me.

"I know I am and when you find your mate, you'll be lucky to have her too." I say.

We walk back inside the house and I see Rose hanging out with my brothers. 

"Anyone want to go out for a run?" I ask.

Connor was the only one who didn't want to go so I had him hang out with Rose until we got back.

Rose's P.O.V.

After the guys left, it was just Connor and I. It was quiet between us, I wanted to say something but nothing came into mind and it looked like Connor was lost in his thoughts. 

"So, is there anything you want to talk about? Is there something you want to get off your chest?" I ask breaking the ice.

"I haven't found my mate yet." Connor tells me. 

I felt bad for him, it must be hard for him to watch Hunter and I. Just as I was about to say something, Connor puts his index finger to his lips and listens. I stay still and try to listen; to hear what Connor heard but I couldn't hear anything. I wanted to ask him what he's hearing but I decided against it. There was a knock at the door and I watched as Connor moved towards the door. He motions for me to talk.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Your brother Aiden." A voice replies back.

I nodded my head to Connor letting him know that it was okay for him to open the door. He opens it and Aiden walks in. I got off the couch, went over to my brother and hugged him. After the hug, I realized that Connor was still standing by the door so I pulled Aiden out of the way. 

"Hi I'm Aiden, Rose's older brother." He says.

Aiden takes pride in letting people know that he's my older brother. 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Connor." He says.

I grabbed Aiden's hand and I pulled him to the couch. I noticed that Connor was still standing in the same position. I was about to say something when the screen door opens. Hunter and his brothers came back from their run. 

"Oh, hey Aiden." Hunter says when he noticed him.

"Hey Hunter, are those guys your brothers?" Aiden asks. 

Hunter nods his head and he proceeds to introduce his brothers to Aiden.

"Nice to meet you all." Aiden tells them.

Hunter and his brothers come over to the couch and sit down. It was kind of packed on the couch with all of us sitting on it that Hunter had decided to lift me up and he placed me on his lap. I leaned back into his body and I felt him wrap his arms around my waist. I turned my head and kissed his cheek. 

The guys were talking about a hockey game but I was too focused on what Hunter was doing with his hands. He was making circles with his finger tips on my arms. It felt very ticklish but also felt very heavenly.