Chapter 32

Tuesday and Wednesday had flown by pretty fast with me walking around like a zombie and my family make preparations for Kyle's funeral. Loads of classmates and teachers had come up to me to offer their condolences as everybody knew about my relationship with Kyle. Most of the time I just lay in bed in complete darkness, not wanting to face the world, that was until my mum told me that it wasn’t healthy and forced me to get out of bed for a walk or to get some fresh air. I wasn’t eating properly and I wasn’t sleeping much and I could see the effects that it had on my appearance. I looked skinner and honestly I looked like I was ill. What my mum and everybody else didn’t understand was that it wasn’t food or sleep that was going to make me feel better, it was Kyle. All I wanted was for Kyle to come back to me and wrap his arms around me again but that wasn’t going to happen. I knew I should stop being so selfish and dramatic and continue living my life how I did before the traumatic event but I just couldn’t. Nobody would understand how I was feeling unless they had gone through the same thing as me. Nick came into the apartment one or two times just to hold me and sometimes he would cry with me. We wouldn’t talk we would just cry in silence.

I didn’t like feeling this emptiness inside me 24/7 but nothing I did made it ago. Especially today since it was Kyle’s funeral. It was just a small thing with Kyle’s closest friends, a few teachers and my family and it was going to be in a hall that was in downstairs near the lobby. I was wearing a plain knee-high black dress with tights and high heels. My hair was pinned up in a bun and I wasn’t wearing any make-up. I looked at my face and saw that I had dark circles under my eyes and I resembled a panda. My skin was pale and the pain was evident in my eyes. I sighed, maybe after today I could say goodbye to him and I’d feel better. I walked out of the bathroom and saw the girls, all dressed in black, ready to leave the apartment. Lexi looked up at me.

“You ready to go Nicole?”

I wasn’t ready to officially say bye to him but I had to. I nodded my head at her and we headed out. I felt someone squeeze my head and looked up to see Priya next to me, holding my hand. I gave her a small smile, grateful for her presence. I hadn’t realised it but we were just outside the hall. Beyond the door held his body in a coffin and a room of people grieving for the love of my life.

“Hey just give me a minute please.” I croaked.

“Sure.” Bonnie replied and the girls opened the door and went in.

I leaned against the wall, closing my eyes, breathing in and out, I felt as if I was about to throw up, but I wouldn’t throw up anything as I hadn’t consumed anything.

“I’m sorry.” I heard a voice say.

I opened my eyes and saw Lia in front of me.

“Thank y-” I started.

“That no guy wants you. I mean that Kyle guy had to die to get away from you.” Lia cackled.

I felt as if I had been slapped on the face, so I slapped her. I raised my hand a clouted it against her cheek. The force of the slap knocked her back. I got up directly in her face.

“Don’t f*cking talk about Kyle you little b*tch.” I snapped.

Lia laughed.

“Yeah it was very romantic him on the other side of the road to you and you guys running into each other’s arms.” Lia cackled.

“How do you know that?” I demanded.

Lia froze.

“I was at your party obviously stupid. I was looking outside the window.”

“Stop lying to me. Jay wouldn’t invite you to my birthday. Tell me the truth.”

I saw Lia begin to sweat and she was chewing on her bottom lip.

“Your acting crazy I’m going.”

She turned to storm off but I grabbed her wrist and forced her to look at me.

“It was you wasn’t it?”

Lia looked uncomfortable now.

“No it wasn’t I have no idea what you are talking about.”

“Cut the bullsh*t. I know it was you, you couldn’t handle me being happy could you?”

She pulled out of my grasp.

“Yes okay you little sk*nk it was me. I didn’t mean to kill him but I just thought you stole my man so I thought I’d hurt you by hurting yours.” She said. “Him dying was just a bonus.”

“You are f*cking sick.” I snarled.

“Oh well get over it. Now if you don’t mind I have to go pay Caleb a little visit.”

She skipped away and I stood there shocked. Lia and Caleb deserved each other, I hoped the burned in hell together. There wasn’t any point in telling the police what I had figured out because I knew karma would get that b*tch back. I just breathed out and headed into the hall.