Chapter 14

I walked to the freezer to get some ice for Kyle, we had walked up to my room in silence and the only reason I was helping him now is because I actually had a heart. I wasn't upset about the whole situation with Kyle anymore, I was just angry about it, I didn't even get why he was so angry towards Caleb anyway...it wasn't like Kyle liked me or anything. I put the ice in some cloth, wrapped it all up and tied it with the elastic that was holding my hair up. Kyle was sat, expressionless, on the sofa holding his eye which was only half-open, I sat down next to Kyle and removed his hands from his face and held the "ice-pack" on his eye.

"Thank you", Kyle whispered.

"Your welcome. But why the heck did you have to start a fight with Caleb in the first place? It's not like your my boyfriend and you don't even have any romantic feelings towards me so what's the deal?" I asked him.

He didn't reply for a few minutes and just as I was about to get up he spoke.

"Nicky. That's the thing - I do like you. I like you a lot. The only reason I kissed another girl that night was my stupid way of making you hate me so it would be easier to get over you." Kyle insisted.

"But if you liked me why would you want me to hate you? I liked you too so you didn't need to get over me!" I pointed out.

He sighed and I put the "ice-pack" on the coffee table because my arms had begun to ache.

"My dad loved my mum more then any husband has ever loved a wife. He would have done anything for her if it made her happy. I thought they were the perfect couple and belonged together. But one day when I was eight, my dad had collected me from school because he had finished work early. We headed home to surprise my mum and as soon as we walked through the door we heard giggling and moans coming from the bedroom. My dad's smiling face had vanished and was instead replaced with a look of rage. He stormed into the bedroom and I hesitantly followed. When I walked in I saw my uncle, my dad's brother, on top of my mum." He paused,

"Kyle, I'm so sorr-", I started but he cut me off.

"That's not it. My dad would have forgiven my mum but she didn't want to be forgiven - she didn't want to be the perfect mum and the housewife. I watched my mum leave in a taxi with uncle Ben and my dad stood there crying. That's when he turned to drink. He left me to fend for myself whilst he just sat in his room drinking his money away. A few years later when I was thirteen, after I had learnt how to cope by myself, the hitting started. Everything I did was wrong and he used to beat me and whip me til my skin turned black and blue. Only a couple of years ago that stopped and now live by myself and I don't even know where he is." Kyle said.

My eyes welled up and I placed one hand on his knee, the other hand was used to turn his head to face me.

"I am so sorry Kyle. I had no idea, I can't even imagine what it must have been like for you to experience that. But I'm so glad you are okay now," I told him.

He cupped my face in his hands and his teary-eyes looked into mine.

"So I do like you but I'm just afraid of falling in love. I don't want to be hurt like my dad was and I do not want to turn out like him! When I kissed you and how you make me feel when I'm around you scared me. So me being the chicken I am just got rid of those feelings in the only way I knew how. When I saw you with Caleb I didn't know what happened to me but I just lost it. I never wanted to hurt you Nicky" He assured me.

"I'm so happy you told me this and now I understand, I don't blame you. But you shouldn't be afraid of falling in love - the right girl is out there and she will treat you how you deserve", I stated.

I didn't hear what he said next but it sounded something like "I think I've found her." He got up and looked at his watch.

"Oh I better be off now. Thanks for listening and thanks for taking care of me. Bye" He mumbled.

As soon as he walked out the door I longed for him to come back and place his hands on my naked skin again. I sat there thinking what to do now? The door opened and Lexi, Bonnie and Priya walked in with a heap of shopping bags in tow,

"Bonjour babe! I'm glad to see sleeping beauty is awake! And look at all the goodie's we have!" Bonnie sang.

"Hello! I was the only one who bought something for the girl!" Priya exclaimed.

"Ooh stuff!" I squealed. Yes I know, I didn't like shopping but I did like the stuff that people bought me when shopping. Priya handed me a bag and I took out the piece of clothing that was inside. It was a one direction t-shirt! I wrapped my arms around Priya.

"You are the most wonderful friend ever! I love it - oh and I love you too sexy!" I screamed. We jumped up and down and Bonnie joined in. I think the sun was getting to us, I now noticed Lexi was missing and decided to go check if she was okay. I walked into the bedroom and saw it was empty, but the bathroom door was left ajar. I walked in and saw Lexi sitting on the edge of the bath with her head in her hands. Motherly mode kicked in.

"Lexi! Hon what's wrong?" I asked in a soft voice.

She looked up with tears streaming down her face. Now I saw a little stick peeking out of her hands.

"Nicky. I missed my period. I'm pregnant!" She cried.