Chapter 1

My life sucks. I'm not an unwanted, abused child or anything like that. I mean I am a sixteen year old girl so in teen language my life sucks can only mean one thing. I'm well and truly grounded. I will have only myself for company tonight, stuck in my dorm room whilst my three best friends go out to party with the gorgeous sixth-formers. So unfair! I'll be sitting here pondering over algebra and fractions whilst Priya, Lexi or Bonnie get to dance and flirt with hottie's in the year above us. I groaned aloud as I thought about Kyle kissing a girl tonight. Oh wait I'm getting ahead of myself here, let me tell you who I am first.

Hi I'm Nicole Brown and I'm sixteen years of age. I have three sisters and two brothers. My mum just kept popping us out. The eldest of us all is Jessica and she's 22, she's got a little two year old boy called Nate and he's the cutest thing in the world! Then there's Nick and he's 18 and a total "sex bomb" according to all the girls I know. Next is me and after me is Justin who's 15 and a total perv...the least said about him the better. Last are the twins Chloe and Zoe, they are 13 and are complete trouble if you ask me. Any who back to me, I go to a boarding school called Ridgefield High because my parents hate me...Just joking! I guess it's just easier for them and better for me to be out of that mad house. I know you’re wondering how am I grounded when I go to boarding school? Well when you have unreasonable parents like mine it’s possible. Let’s just say there was an incident in which the ceiling got decorated with mum’s homemade pie and the twins were involved! Next thing you know my dad wrote a letter telling my dorm advisor that “I should not be let out of my dorm outside of school hours due to my unacceptable behaviour”. Unacceptable behaviour my ass. You guys are probably wondering what this amazing, wonderful girl (ME!) looks like right? Well I feel obliged to tell you I'm not a total babe. Nope, I have caramel-coloured, straight hair that falls just below my shoulders and I have a full fringe. I have hazel-coloured eyes with specks of gold in them and I'm medium height and medium weight. But I don’t feel comfortable sharing my bra size with you guys so you guys can just think of it as a mysterious question you will never find the answer to.

Anyway that’s enough about me, back to my sad, pathetic life. A thought struck me. I didn’t have to sit here wallowing in self pity, I can have a party of one by myself. I got off my bed and grabbed my iPod touch that lay beside my dock. I inserted the iPod and just pressed play. Baby by Justin Bieber came blasting out of my speakers. This will do. I grabbed my deodorant climbed on top of my bed and started bouncing up and down. My body got into the groove of the music and next thing you know I was shaking my bum and singing along to the words. I closed my eyes and let myself go.                                                                                                                                                         

“And I was like baby, baby, baby oohhh,” I sang at the top of my lungs. I shook my bum some more and was exhausted by the time the song had ended. I plopped myself onto my bed and stretched myself out. God I was so lazy.                                                                     

“Hmm, well that was quite something. See I ran in here thinking you were getting murdered from the sound of your shrieking” a voice I knew all too well said. I swear I could hear the smirk in his voice, oh that beautiful smirk.

“Kyle, what are you doing here?” I asked as my cheeks began to turn the colour of tomato ketchup.

>>> Thanks :) Hope You Like It So Far! <3 x <<<