Chapter 12

After the skate park I decided to go to the games room in the resort. I sat there flicking through channels on the TV with Zoe's head on my lap. She kept going on about how amazing Cade was. She got his number and learnt he was staying in a resort near to us. He was English and lived in Kent so they would probably meet up once we went home as well. I was so glad for her but I couldn't help but sit there feeling bitter about Caleb. I thought we would get to know each other more and have one of those summer romances but I guess that idea went out the window the second that Lia chick wrapped her arms around him. Stupid Caleb. Stupid Lia. Stupid Kyle as well! Kyle hadn't spoken to me but I had seen him looking at me a couple of times. Actually stupid me, since I fell for Caleb's charm, and his enticing blue eyes that you could just get lost in. Oh my god snap out of it Nicole! He's an idiot and you don't need him. I don't even know him...but I wanted to. Who am I kidding? I had it bad for him and when I talked to him there was a connection that shouldn't be ignored - or was that just me reading too many romantic novels?

"I'm going to get a drink from the vending machine, want anything Zo?" I asked her.

"Nope I'm good," She replied still in "I Heart Cade" world.

I got up and walked to the vending machine but got stopped on the way there. Caleb stood in front of me with a bunch or violets. He handed them over to me and I took them in my hands. As I did my hand brushed against his and tingles were left, even after my skin was not touching his.

"I'm sorry Nicky! I should have told you I had a girlfriend and it was stupid of me not to. I don't even know why I didn't. But I hope we can still be friends and hang out because you seem like a cool girl," He pleaded.

My heart swelled and I couldn't say no to that cute face.

"Thank you for the flowers Caleb. I guess we could be friends," I reasoned.

"Cool! We are going to have so much fun together!" He grinned.

I couldn't help grinning back! He was infectious. He stepped forward and gave me a hug. My palms turned sweaty and his hugs were amazing. I felt so safe and happy right now. Oh god, this was going to be hard. I quickly pulled away.

"So tell me everything about you!" I commanded

"Okay, I have one step-brother, a dad and a step-mum. My mum died giving birth to me and I blame myself for it to be honest. I live half an hour away from here but just decided to come here to relax. I want to move to England when I'm 18. I like listening to Linkin Park, favourite film is Harry Potter and favourite TV show is Friends. Now your turn," He instructed.

“Caleb, I’m so sorry about your mum. Trust me you shouldn’t blame yourself – it wasn’t your fault. Well I have two brothers, three sisters and a nephew. I live in London and my favourite singer is Katy Perry, favourite film is also Harry Potter and favourite show is Pretty Little Liars,” I answered him.

“That’s pretty cool. Your house must be entertaining with so many people,” He mentioned.

“Yeah, but I go to boarding school so I only go home on week-ends,” I pointed out.

“Oh right, I would love to go to a boarding school, away from my family. So do you have a boyfriend?” He asked.

“Nope, I’ve never had one,” I replied. I could see him biting his cheek to stop from smiling. A group of people were walking through the corridor so I found myself pushed up against the wall by Caleb. My skin tickling as his chest was pushed up against mine.  This was going to be VERY hard indeed.