Chapter 17

“Hey Nicky," Nick said from behind me.

"Hey bro, where is everyone else?" I asked.

"Oh right - Zoe said she had something important to do and Chloe went with her, Justin is still asleep, Nate wouldn't stop crying so Jess took him out for a walk and mum and dad are sorting some...stuff..out." Nick explained.

I threw my hands up in the air in frustration.

"Great! I got ready for nothing!" I sighed.

"Ahh that sucks for you but now I have to go get ready for my date with Priya so bye sis." Nick ran off before I got the word "bye" out.

I turned around, ready to tell the girls I was free to hang out with them for the day, when I bumped into something strong. I looked up ready to snap at the guy when I realised it was Caleb. He smiled at me and my lips automatically responded.

"Weeeelllll, I heard your dilemma and baby you look stunning so me being the nice guy I am is offering to take you out this afternoon," Caleb said confidently.

I wanted to say yes so badly but there was something on my mind.

"What about Lia? I'm not just gonna be this other girl." I pointed out.

"Oh Lia. As soon as I kissed you I knew I couldn't continue dating her cos it just felt right you know. Like you ignited something within me that I didn't even know I had." He assured me.

Aww he was too cute!

"Well I can't say no then. Since you will probably cry yourself to sleep if I did." I winked.

"Haha yeah...right! Well I need to have a shower so you can come back to our apartment and wait there - don't worry I won't try no funny business." He laughed.

I nodded and we walked up to his apartment, his arm wrapped around my waist and my hand in his back pocket. Once we had reached his apartment I gasped. It was twice as big as mine and looked so sophisticated.

"Oh yeah, my dad's a lawyer and my step-mum is an accountant." He grunted as though he didn't care about them or their jobs. Oh well I wasn't gonna go there.

"Well the place is beautiful," I went on my tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek.

"Well it's nothing compared to your beautifulness my gorgeous lady," He commented. "Now I'll be here all day if you don't let me go. So you can explore whilst I go have a shower."

He walked off and I decided to have a little wander around. I found a door ajar and walked in. The walls were blue and there was a suitcase on the floor next to the bed. I thought this was his room so I sat myself on the bed. A door creaked open to my left and a half-naked guy came out, only wearing a towel. When he saw me he crossed his arms and raised one eye-brow.

"Your early I wasn't expecting you till 3 – you know because that’s the time I ordered you," He said.

I jumped off the bed and gave him an annoyed look.

"I'm not a prostitute you sick guy!" I snapped.

"Ha I know that, you don't have the boobs or the ass to be one." He snorted. "Who are you and why are you in my bedroom?"

"Shut up, you know the only way your ever gonna get some is if you pay for it so you hide your pain and misery by making jokes that aren’t funny. I'm Nicole, Caleb's friend and I'm in your bedroom because I thought it was his!" I murmured feeling embarrassed.

"Well feel free to visit Palace Jay anytime." He said whilst running a hand through his hair.

Oh Jay. Lia mentioned him before, I'm guessing he was Caleb's step-brother.

"So you’re the famous Nicole I've heard so much about. Tut tut, Lia is not gonna be happy with you honey, stealing her boyfriend and all. Well I guess you are an improvement." Jay babbled on whilst looking me up and down.

I stepped forward and stared him in the eyes, well I admit I did have to look up a bit.

"I did not steal her boyfriend and I don't need you observing me and commenting on me. The more I talk to you the more I'm getting annoyed cos you don't eve..." I began before he cut me off.

"Ooh feisty. At least you'll keep Caleb entertained for a while and babe you kissed her boyfriend making him dump her that is stealing so if you'll excuse me I need to put some clothes on." He said.

I groaned and stomped out of his room. Jay with his stupid blonde, messy, floppy hair and his bright-green eyes that looked like puke. Walking around with his stupid toned body. I walked back to where I started and saw another door that was half open. I peered in and saw Caleb standing in front of the mirror wearing a checked shirt, chinos and sneakers. He was talking to himself saying "Don't ruin this Caleb. The girl is amazing and lovely and you are lucky to have found her. Don't say anything stupid - you need to impress her."

He was the cutest! I decided that Kyle was my past - I needed to forget him and focus on my future. I needed to start fresh and that included making a go of it with Caleb.

I knocked on the door so I didn’t startle him.

“To be honest you had me impressed from “Hey I’m Caleb” and you also caught my heart at about the same time.” I assured him.

He smiled and I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder. We looked in the mirror.

“We make a good couple,” I whispered.

“I agree but at least let me take you on our first date cos it’s never gonna happen if you stand there looking all sexy and tempting me.” He groaned.  

I bit my lip on purpose. A moan came from his mouth and I giggled.

“Stoppppp it Nicky!!” He demanded and took my hand in his. He led us out the house shouting a quick bye to Jay.

“Your step-brother is an ass.” I mentioned.

He laughed and said “So you’ve met him then.”

“Yeah and I’ve decided I prefer you.” I responded.

“I’m glad I’ve won your approval.” He joked.

We arrived at a park 10 minutes later. We walked up a hill and he stood there staring at me.

“I wanna try something.” He said.

“Okay go ahead.” I said to him.

“Lie down,” He demanded.

I was going to object but I thought that I might as well do whatever he wanted so I lay on the grass and he lay beside me. He wrapped his arms around me and I wrapped my legs around him. He kissed me softly on the lips before we started falling down the hill. I screamed in happiness and we laughed together. It was fun and made my heart accelerate.

By the time we reached the bottom I was in fits of giggles. He was on top of me with his arms on either side of my head.

“Well I’ve never done that before.” I observed.

“I kind of guessed. But I wanted to do something fun and I used to roll down this hill a lot when I was a kid and I wanted to share it with you.” He revealed a blush creeping up.

“Well I loved it, nearly as much as I like you.” I mumbled before we started kissing again. I heard a cough and we broke apart.

 “PDA much? Anyways forget that! Cade is just amazing! We have loads of stuff in common and he said he would give me a game of FIFA when we get back to London.” Zoe squealed.

That explained what Zoe was doing and Chloe probably just came along so Zoe would have a cover. I got up and brushed some grass of my bum – well this dress was ruined. I pulled Zoe close to me and hugged her hard as I was so happy for her. But what I saw in the distance was not something to hug about. Cade was kissing a very shocked-looking Chloe, who happened to be in the same outfit as Zoe and they decided to both leave their hair curled today. This was not good at all…