XXVIII • The Lion's Roar

Chapter Twenty Eight

The Lion's Roar

As soon as Edmund laid eyes on Elizabeth, the breath practically left his lungs as he stood frozen in place staring in horror at her crouched on the ground, her eyes clenched tightly shut from the pain. "Elizabeth, we could use your help!" Peter yelled, not having noticed what happened while Edmund quickly rushed to her side.

"Oh Aslan," Edmund muttered at the sight of Elizabeth, quickly helping the blonde to her feet.

"We need to get Liz out of here," Susan gasped at the sight of Elizabeth.

"No," Peter argued back, swinging his sword at a soldier advancing towards him, scathing the soldier's legs before he swung once more for a fatal blow, slashing the soldier's neck. "We need her if we want to win this fight!"

"Peter!" Edmund yelled back at his brother, his temper quickly rising as he held onto Elizabeth. Peter whipped his head around ready to argue with Edmund but he only swallowed his words the second he was how pale Elizabeth was. Her bandage was now flowing with red as the off-white bandage was now a third crimson red.

Elizabeth was dying.

"I need to get to the treeline," Elizabeth breathed out in a sharp gasp, gritting her teeth with the pain.

"The treeline?" Edmund frowned at her.

"She needs to get to Aslan," Peter translated for her, knowing that's exactly where she was trying to head and that she needed to save her breath anyways. Edmund only stared at Elizabeth and Peter as if they'd lost their minds, they were in the center of the field for crying out loud. It wasn't like there was an easy way to get to the treeline.

"Quickly, Ed!" Susan shouted, seemingly snapping Edmund out of his thoughts as the monarchs leaped into action.

Caspian was able to gather a horse over to them for Elizabeth to ride. Once Peter and Edmund were able to mount Elizabeth on the horse, it must have been a new surge of adrenaline surging within her because for the moment the pain in her side seemed to subside. "I don't think you should be going alone," Peter then said slightly fearing their plan with a dying Elizabeth riding on her own into the woods during the middle of a battle.

"I can help get her to safety," an unfamiliar voice then spoke up and when the monarchs turned towards the sound, they found a Telmarine soldier on top a horse near them.

All the monarchs prepared to take the soldier down but the second Elizabeth caught sight of the rider, her eyes flashed white and she threw up a forcefield to protect the rider from the boy's swords and Susan's arrow. "Stop!" She screamed at them and the four were a little taken back by Elizabeth's order staring at her as if she had gone crazy with her blood loss. "He's a friend," Elizabeth explained as she blinked the white out of her eyes and the forcefield faded, leaving a General Glozelle giving the blonde a small smile of thanks for saving his Telmarine behind.