XX • Miraz Crowned

Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Miraz Crowned

Only a day and a half had practically passed before Elizabeth found herself back in the same issue as before during the council meeting. Sure enough, the Lords had eagerly bought into Miraz's deceitful plan and it irritated Elizabeth to know end. She was currently standing on the balcony overlooking the courtyard when she heard the familiar sound of armor clanking into the room. When she turned to see who it was she saw it was the General holding a gown and setting it on the bed. Looking at the long gown, she saw it was a dark turquoise color, no doubt her coronation or wedding gown.

"Doesn't he have a wife?" Elizabeth said bitterly while looking away as she grit her teeth and folded her arms over her chest. Every fiber within her was against this, but like it mattered. Like she got a say in how things were going to run in Telmar, especially if Miraz was going to become King.

"Prunaprisma?" Glozelle asked as he furrowed his eyebrows but then let out a sad laugh. "She left. She hasn't been seen since the incident where she tried to shoot Caspian."

Elizabeth frowned at his words as she turned to look at him and her eyes narrowed. It's not like you could just quit at marriage which was what the General was certainly making it sound like. Glozelle seemed to understand Elizabeth's thought process so he tried to explain better as he joined her out on the balcony.

"Miraz and Prunaprisma is basically a marriage that has been falling apart for a while now. The child she had was in hopes that Miraz would come crawling back to her. She has been trying to gain his affection for some time now, hoping that he will even stop every once in a while just to look at her. But Miraz has been taking in many royal mistresses over the years or so-called lovers. In other words—" he started to explain but Elizabeth cut him off.

"You don't need to explain the ins and outs of a royal court," she said with a raised eyebrow and a slight smirk. "I think I know how they work."

Glozelle gave her a smile and a gentle laugh. "My apologies, I forget you're a Queen. You just seem so young."

Elizabeth just shrugged as she looked back out over the courtyard. "I might be fifteen now, but I was fourteen when I was first crowned."

"Wait," Glozelle frowned. "You're fifteen? So you were crowned only a year ago? I thought you ruled for fifteen years and you even had a son?"

Elizabeth gave a laugh as she shook her head. "It's hard to explain," she said growing quiet for a moment. "Why is Miraz really trying so hard to push this marriage through?"

Glozelle looked like he was trying to think of the sunshine and rainbows answer but Elizabeth raised a finger and an eyebrow. "I want the truth," she told him plainly and Glozelle let out a defeated sigh as he turned away from her and propped his arms up against the railing.