II • Vanishing Train Stations

Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Vanishing Train Stations

*Beep Beep*

The car horn blasted at the pair running in the middle of the street. "Mind yourself loves!" The man driving the vehicle called out at the girls.

Elizabeth and Lucy stopped wide-eyed as they nodded their heads apologizing. "I'm sorry," Lucy whimpered while Elizabeth had to take deep breaths at the vehicle standing right before them. She had seen a car multiple times since returning to the real world but every time she saw them they still brought on a quick sense of panic and she had to steady her breathing before she could properly function again. The two then continued to run across the street as another car blasted their horn at them as well.

"Watch where you're going!" This man yelled at them but the girls didn't listen. They were already late enough as it was.

One year had passed. One whole year, and not a peep from Narnia since. It was hard to believe everything that had happened within the past year. For one, The Pevensies and Elizabeth had been waiting to return to Narnia and were starting to lose hope. Susan believed they were stuck with their lives the way they were now and would not return, while the others still clung to believing with due time they would return.

Elizabeth especially, considering she had called Narnia her home for far longer than the others, being gone this long and back to the real world was such a drastic change that Elizabeth regretted ever wanting to leave Narnia. She preferred living back where she understood life then coming back home and fast forwarding forty years into the future with absolutely no idea what had happened in her absence. When they accidentally returned to England, Elizabeth spent most of her nights trying to find a way back into Narnia through the wardrobe. Susan and Lucy lost count the number of times they would find Elizabeth in the middle of the night fast asleep on the floor of the wardrobe with all the coats thrown around the room

Since the siblings returned from Narnia in Digory Kirke's house, the Pevensie's remained in the Professor's home for a few more months until leaving to start boarding school due to their mother's command. Elizabeth decided to leave her childhood home and live or grow up with the Pevensie's since for her they were her family after all that they had been through together in Narnia. Sure, she missed her brother, but they wrote often and Elizabeth felt more comfortable staying with people of her age that she could get along quite well with and that understood her.

The children went to two separate boarding schools. Peter and Edmund attended Hendon House for boys while Susan, Elizabeth, and Lucy attended Saint Finbar's for girls. Peter and Elizabeth struggled the most with boarding schools, Peter for one because he had a hard time adjusting to going from a King to a low country boy, while Elizabeth struggled because she was now being thrust into the world that she no longer understood.