XVI • Narnia's Dark Age

Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Narnia's Dark Age

Elizabeth was soon taken down to the dungeon to another room that she hadn't been in before. This one was down the hall from the cell where Caspian and she found the Professor. The ceiling was abnormally elevated and this room was also much bigger than the Professor's cell. There were no iron bars, just walls and a door to get in. It might have just been her, but she felt that this room was ten times darker than the other room.

"Keep her hands bound," Miraz instructed the soldiers. "For all we know she could still have some magic up her sleeves."

She was then dragged across the floor by two soldiers, all the while struggling along the way, and once they made it into this room, she was chained to the wall with her hands above her head with iron shackles. At first, she tried to free her hands from them but quickly found that was not going to be possible. The soldier that had chained her up was a bit taller than her, so Elizabeth kicked him hard in the thigh and when his body lurched forward in pain, she head butted him and he collapsed to the floor.

"It seems there's nothing we can do to keep you away from my soldiers," Miraz said clicking his tongue as he entered the room along with General Glozelle. He walked over to a table lying on the opposite side of the room with books spread across it. Miraz looked up and gave a hand motion to one of the guards.

The soldier took a step forward and punched Elizabeth right in the jaw. She let out a small sound from the impact and turned her head away as she had to blink a couple of times to try and get feeling back where the soldier hit. Wow, that soldier had a powerhouse hit.

"So," Miraz said as he started flipping through pages in one of the books. "I'm guessing you are one of the important Narnians considering you're human. Either that or you're a Telmarine traitor."

"I've never been here before," Elizabeth quickly responded.

"Well, then considering you are a Narnian and I'm going to guess you're significant to them, I bet you know exactly where their little hideout is, yes?" Miraz looked up at her and Elizabeth's lips turned into a thin line. There was no way she was going to tell him anything. "Really?" Miraz sighed as he frowned at her but Elizabeth kept her mouth shut.

Miraz looked to the General who made a motion to one of his soldiers. The soldier that had hit Elizabeth in the jaw earlier now approached her and punched her in the side. She would have doubled over with the pain but considering her hands were chained above her she ended up making a sound and gasping for air. The impact was enough to knock the wind out of her.

"Perhaps you just can't remember?" Miraz said as he raised an eyebrow. Of course, he knew she hadn't forgotten. Elizabeth continued to remain quiet.

The soldiers then tried to torture Elizabeth for the information. They tortured her for a good hour but she wouldn't divulge any information to them. By the end, her entire body ached and throbbed and they pretty much assumed she wasn't going to give away anything. Their methods left her bruised, one of her sleeves had been ripped, she had a good feeling she had sprained her ankle because the longer she tried standing the more her foot throbbed. Elizabeth had a great cut across her right cheek that stretched all the way down her cheekbone from one of the soldier's punching her with a ring on, she could already feel the incision mildly swelling.