The Test.

Austin's POV:

"Okay, Carter." The nurse said. Karlie, Carter, Karstin, Dustin, and I were at the hospital. To get the DNA test done.

"Okay, Carter, and Austin I'm gonna have you stick out your finger, and open your mouth. First I'm going to take this, and run it alone the inside of your mouth. Next, I'm gonna prick your finger, and draw some blood, okay?" As soon as the doctor said he was taking blood, Carter started crying.

"Baby, if you stop crying, and let the doctor do what he has to do. Mommy will give you a cooky." Karlie said as Carter started to climb up into her lap. As soon as she said cooky, he stopped crying.

"Okay! But can he do it first?" Carter asked pointing to me.

"Come here buddy. Sit on my lap, and I'll go first." Carter climbed down from Karlie's lap, and walked over to me. I picked him up and sat him on my lap. He started to play with this thread bracelet I had on. I smiled as I watched him. I than looked over at Karlie, to see her with Karstin and Dustin. She was smiling as she watched Carter. Her eyes met mine right as my finger got pricked.

"Did that hurt?" Carter asked looking up at me.

"I thought it was going to hurt worse, but since you were sitting on my lap, it didn't hurt that much, little buddy." The small smile on his face grew bigger. Watching him smile, made me smile.

"Okay, now Austin, open up." The doctor said. I did as told, and when the Q-Tip left my mouth, I had this dry feeling in my mouth. I started doing what you would do when you have a dry mouth, witch made all three little boys laugh, and Karlie giggle. Man did I miss hearing that giggle.

"Is it my turn?" Carter asked. I nodded, and watched as he got his mouth swobbed. Then I watched as he got his finger pricked. Just as I thought, he started crying. After the doctor got the amount of blood he need, I took Carter's finger and kissed.

"All better?" He nodded and hugged me.

"Okay, the results will be in tomorrow. I'll give you a call, Karlie. And how is Dustin? Still doing okay?"

"Yeah, and thanks for doing this."

"No problem, and if he starts getting sick like last time, just bring him in. Don't go to Dr. Mitchell, okay, well see you guys later."

"What's wrong with Dustin?" I asked I put Carter's sleeping body in his car seat.

"When he was born, the cord was around his neck. Ever since the day they turned three, he's been getting sick. Two months ago, he got sick really, really bad. He was in the hospital for two nights and three days. (...) It just makes me feel l-like I did some-something wrong!" Karlie said as tears started coming down her cheeks. I brought her into a hug, and let her cry into my chest.

"Hey, right now we don't need to think or worry about him getting sick. All we need to do is take care of them. That's all that matters." She pulled away, and dried her eyes.

"Yeah.. Your right."

"Okay, no arguing with me on this, but I'm staying with you tonight, and no arguing about were Ill be sleeping. I'll be sleeping with you!" I chuckled at the end, witch made her giggle. Man do I love this girl!