Awkward New Year 2

A 12 year old version of me and a 13 year old Moon took over the flat screen. We were both wearing  reindeer onesies mine was blue and Moon's was pink. I remember how much we loved those things.

"Okay so me and Sun wrote a song and it's beautiful because Sun wrote it" Moon smiled . "And she's gonna sing it like Beyonce no, scratch that better than Beyonce." He said with an adorable confident grin.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. I was going to sing the song. I looked at my mom, her grin was so wide I'm sure her face would break. I took a quick glance at Moon his facial expression was blank. Jade was grinng at the screen amusement clear in her eyes.

And Lucky was on his phone not even bothering to watch the video.

I looked back over at my screen me and Moon were doing vocal warm ups that I learned  from Sharpay from high school musical. After we were done we began to sing.

"Christmas is all about love. I sung very loudly I was so pitchy I cringed.

Whoever let us record this is so wrong..

Christmas is about you and me. Moon's voice was much better.

Me and you. We attempted harmony and failed

Sun and Moon. I sung

It's all about love" we both ended in a shriek/high note.

I sighed in relief.  Thank God it was only 3 seconds long. "I just want to say that Sun is my bestest friend in the whole wide world and I love her so much!" My heart started to race when he gave me a hug and then spun me around in the air. "How cute!" My mom squealed.  She's not helping the situation at all.

"I love Moon so much he's my best best best friend and nothing or no-one will change that right Moon"? I looked at Moon and you could basically see the blush on my cheeks. Moon grinned at me his eyes were shining so beautifully even in the dull light of my room. "Right" he put his arm over me and planted a kiss on both of my cheeks. A giggle escaped my mouth before I took his hand and planted a kiss on the back of it. My heart broke.

I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and ejected the  tape out of the DVR.

"Hey why'd you do that! That was the most adorable thing I've seen in my life." Jade complained. 

   " Sierra that was rude!" My mom chastised. "It's uncomfortable to watch that sorry" I said putting the DVD on the table.

"Why would- she began before she was interrupted by her ringing phone. "I have to take this I'll be right back" she said leaving the room giving me an angry  glare

"Thank God that's over" Oval said happily.

"Hey babe I'm gonna get going to work I had a good time" Lucky said. "Okay let me walk you  you out" I said leading us to the front door. We both left and stood outside, on the porch  it wasn't cold in Pensacola Florida but, a chill still swept through the air. Sorry about that video, my mom was excited. He rolled his eyes, "it's okay that was just the past"

"I forgot you had to work today" I pouted. He chuckled and kissed my nose. "I'll stay all day tomorrow. It's New Years and we're gonna have a unforgettable New Years kiss. He frowns tucking curly hair behind my ear. "Yes we will" I agreed.

Nevertheless, the guilt the word kiss caused me was undeniable.  It was like a knot gnawing  in my stomach. Looking in his chocolate eyes made it so much worse honestly. He didn't even know what I did but, he  deserves to know. I sighed, I should just tell him.

"Lucky there's something I need to tell you". He gave me a worried look "what's wrong?"

I opened my mouth stupidly, and then closed it and then opened it,and closed it again mocking a fish.  Gaining confidence I licked my lips and  took a deep breath.  "I ki-"

"Hey Lucky I need a ride to work, my stupid sister still has my car and she went to Las Veags for the night. I'm ripping out her hair when she gets back" Jade growled stomping our way.

A chuckle escaped Lucky' s mouth.  One I've never heard before actually. It was one of those chuckles  when you're genuinely happy. I looked at him, his brown eyes were brighter his smile a little wider. 

And he was looking right at Jade.

Could he be?

Could she be?

Oh. My. God!  How delusional  could I be? He's just laughing at her. He hates her and she hates him. I'm always jumping to conclusions....

"Okay I'll take you" he offered. Jade smiled "thanks dude." She gave me a hug. " Goodbye my love I'll see you New Years" I returned the hug. "Ok babe I'll see you later call me"

"Will do" she says before blowing me a kiss and rushing over to Lucky's truck.

"So what did you have to tell me?" He asked me a left over smile curving his lips.

Jade interrupting me was a sign that it wasn't time to tell Lucky what happened.

"I'm excited for our New years kiss" I  say lamely. He smiles and kisses my cheek. You too sweetie I'll see you later"

"You too" we both hug before he enters his car.

As he starts the engine I let out a laugh as Bodak Yellow blasts through his speakers, him and Jade rapping along faithfully before driving off.

Taking a deep breath I look at my house. I really don't want to go back in there. I sent my mom a text letting her know that I was going out and I'd be back later.

She replied with: and who told you that you could go out whenever you feel like it.

I cut my phone off. I'll just tell her my phone died...

I let my feet take me where they wanted to go. I bet I look ridiculous wearing these PJs walking down the street but, being in that house with Moon, Oval, and Gage was suffocating.

I ended up at the entrance of my favorite  park. I was almost there until someone grabbed me from before I could even blink.

Don't you just love cliffhangers ?

Hahahaha*evil laugh*

Vote
Comment
Share