Afraid

Happiness was an understatement. I woke up with a feeling that I haven't had in a long time. That feeling that only Moon could give me. After I passed out yesterday I just went home so my mom would stop blowing up my phone.

          She told me to stay home for the rest of the day apparently she missed me so I stayed home with her and we made chocolate chip cookies.

        I actually have to go to school today because I missed two days out of the week. I showered, brushed my teeth and  threw on some high waist jeans and a blue silk blouse along with black sandals. I scraped my hair in a high ponytail and headed out of the door.

       When I got to school I didn't realize I had a stupid grin in my face. So when jade asked me why I was smiling like joker from batman I drug her in the bathroom and told her the news.

"Moon's coming home Monday" I whisper yelled with my smile so wide my cheeks were beginning to hurt. 

"You mean your sexy, single best friend with the delicious eyes and lips?"she asked biting her lip with a lustful glint in her eyes.

   A weird feeling coursed through my body. It was like a feeling of anger and jealousy, I need to chill out it's not like me and moon were dating and plus him and Jade would be cute together.

   But, why does the thought of them being a couple make me want to rip her hair out.

I need help.

"Yep that's the one" I swallowed my jealousy it's no doubt that Jade is beautiful Moon would fall for her quickly. Her quirky personality her fashion sense perfect body.

Tears blur my vision as my heart breaks into a million pieces. "Are you crying"?

     I barely heard Jade over my thoughts. "Yeah" I sniff "I'm just so excited about him coming these are tears of joy"

           "Aww" she pinches my cheeks like a mother would do a little kid. "He's gonna be happy to see you"

"I hope so"

She raises her perfect eyebrows. "You hope so? isn't this the same guy who rubbed your feet after you stepped in a fire ant bed?"

     I blush at the memory. Out of embarrassment and anger if I think about it hard enough I can still remember those fire ants feasting on my feet like they were chicken.

"It was his fault he dared me to jump in with both shoes off" I say crossing my arms.

"And then he massaged your feet! I would kill for a foot massage from a god like him!"

"Your point?" I ask trying not to make my voice sound annoyed.

"My point is from all the things that you guys did together. He obviously loves you and he would be so happy to see you after what three years?" 

       A fluttery feeling spreads through my stomach. A feeling a satisfaction and hope.

    "And no I will never date him" I look at Jade with wide eyes.

"I'm not dumb I know those weren't tears of joy earlier". She puts air quotes around tears of joy.

   Relief floods through my body like a tidal wave. I let out a breath of air I didn't realize I was holding in.

" Thank God" I blurt out.

Jade chuckles " but, if he asks me out I'd have to say yes" she says with a wink.

I glare at her as she bursts out in laughter. "I'm kidding I love you"

"Whatever" I say playfully slapping her arm.

We part ways to go to our respective classes. She had chemistry whereas I had English sadly, I had to share this class with my nemesis Kristy Baker.  Normally I would despise coming into this class because Mrs. Beasley put us next to each other but, I'm such in a good a mood about Moon coming back home.

      I gave Kristy a bright smile. " why are you smiling at me like a creep?" she asks me rolling her eyes.

        "It's this thing called happiness, oh my bad you  wouldn't know anything about that"

       She cackles like a witch. "Oh I know a lot about happiness. I do recall your best friend Xavier making me very happy"

My smile doesn't waver. "You know he told me a lot about you"

"Oh yea did he tell you how good I was"? She asked with a wink.

"No he actually told me that you had horrible hygiene." her smirk leaves at the speed of light and her blue eyes widen in complete horror.

"But don't worry I'll keep your little secret with me" I whisper pinching my nose close as if I didn't want to smell her .

"I DO NOT HAVE HORRIBLE HYGIENE!" she screeches getting the attention of the whole class. After a minute they burst out in laughter.

Kristy gives me a death glare so cold any other person would've passed out of fear but, I only blew her a kiss.

"I'm gonna kill you" she growls.

"Best believe you're going down with me" I reply with a sweet smile.

                       *****

       After school I go straight to me and Moon's favorite park. I sit in his favorite swing and let out a shaky breath.

     I'm mostly afraid of his return. I don't want things to be different when he comes back. Will he be happy to see me? And what if he's mad at me for letting him leave so easily. A million unanswered questions runs through my mind in a rush.

    I wonder what he looks like now. I hope he didn't cut his hair but,  if he did I would love him already the same. I wonder if he'd still wanna be my best friend

       His return is so special and important to me. I want him to feel at home when he comes back. I could throw a surprise party for him!

      With that thought I sprint back to my house. I trip over a rock but, that doesn't even matter my excitement doesn't allow me to feel the pain. I get back up and run all the way home.

I'm gonna plan a surprise party for my  best friend and it's gonna be freaking awesome.

Hey. Remember me? 
Sorry I've been MIA I've been crazy busy.
But, I will be updating regularly!
This was not a filler chapter it's actually very important to the plot.

I hope y'all enjoyed it
Vote
Comment
Mwah! ❤