Chapter eight

The greater the distance between Magnus and the castle was, the more mysterious the ocean became. Minutes ago, many plants in a deep green and orange were growing all over the seabed. Now, all the plants were either dead and parts were laying all over on the ground, or they were brown and black. This place looked like everyone was in a constant battle between dying and living. Everyone except the sea witch.

He lived near these half-dead plants, in a little house that looked just like the plants around it: old and mysterious. Magnus has never travelled so far, he has never been visiting the sea witch before. Why would he? He had a very happy merman-life until he saw these hazel eyes. The closer Magnus came to the house, the scarier the atmosphere became. He slowly started to feel anxious and already regretted his decision.

He regretted until the Prince appeared in front of him. He remembered these lips with whom the Prince laughed so beautiful. He remembered these body Magnus held for so long. He remembered these hazel eyes he madly fell in love with. He remembered his own wish after a soul, after being part of his life. These thoughts and memories gave him the energy he needed in exactly this moment. Magnus needed to be brave to knock on the door of the sea witch.

It was an old door, darker than every dark color he has ever seen before. The sound of the knock made Magnus' bones freeze. It was a sound he never wanted to hear again. It only took a second but the door opened and Magnus looked carefully through the little door gap to see if the sea witch opened the door by himself. But the only thing he saw was darkness, total darkness. “H-hello? I.. I am Magnus and I heard you could fulfil wishes.” The door opened itself a little more and Magnus was able to swim in. “Oh I know who you are and why you are here, little Prince. Come in.”

After a little gulp, Magnus swam in and faced the most dangerous and treacherous creature in the whole ocean. He didn't hear much about him but all he knew was that some inhabitants of the deep sea called him Morning Star and that he craves something important in return for the fulfil of a wish that comes from heart. He heard the sea witch looked like a monster, not even a little similar to a merman. It was told he was immortal, earning more and more years by the tears of failed wishes and nightmares.

And yet, there he was. Magnus, who wanted to give up everything. He, who was desperate enough to visit the sea witch. “I wanted to ask you..” “If I could do you a favor? Little Prince, I know why you are here. I knew it since you entered my area.”

Magnus swam closer through the darkness and noticed a little light near the sea witch with what he recognized the strange silhouette of the creature talking to him. His bottom half reminded Magnus of a shark tail, the torso looked lighter than his back, not so grey. He recognized a big shark fin on his back and a few little more down his back and two on his arms. The hair was blone, his eyes completely black as if he had no pupil. All in all, the sea witch looked like a terrifying half-shark.

“So since you know what I want. Could you.. do me this favor?”, Magnus stuttered, trying to speak slowly. “You enter my area, then my house and just ask me FOR A FAVOR?”, his voice became louder with every word he added to his question. Magnus nodded in silence. “WHO DO YOU THINK I AM TO JUST KNOCK ON MY DOOR AND REQUIRE?” Magnus gasped, what did he do wrong to make the sea witch angry? The tone made him more shy and scared than he already was. He has heard many things but no one ever mentioned this temper.