Chapter 70

Chapter 70

“I know this must be a shock,” Dr Harvey began. “But…”

“A shock? A shock?” Rikki interrupted. “Understatement of the year! He does not remember me! At all. From a bar of soap! He won’t recognise his own kids,” she began to falter. A tear escaped which she wiped away angrily. “What on earth are they going to do?”

“I’m sorry, Mrs Bennett,” he replied sadly.

“Please tell me this will wear off,” Rikki said.

“We cannot be certain,” the doctor replied. “But we have hope that he will remember with time is familiar aspects of his life a reintroduced. However, in order to prevent stress to your husband, we request that you do not overwhelm him with knowledge – we need you to be patient,” Harvey continued.

OoOoO

Rikki felt like she could not face Zane again that day. Solemnly, the drove back to the mainland house before swimming over to Mako.

OoOoO

Zane was feeling bewildered. He had sworn he would never get married, what was the point in that level of commitment? It never worked out. Look at his parents! Now he wakes up in hospital and finds out that not only that he is married, but for over a decade! That woman was hot! Thinking about it, Zane decided that he did not mind being tied romantically to her.  There was something vaguely familiar about that woman. He could not remember anything about her but he knew that face. Feeling frustrated, he lay back on his pillows and sighed loudly.

OoOoO

“Is Daddy feeling better?” Leila asked, when her mother returned.

“The doctor said he is making a quick recovery,” Rikki replied, “But there is some bad news…” The hopeful faces of her kids changed into those of worry. She took a deep breath. “Daddy can’t remember anything,”

“What do you mean?” Charlie asked, startled. “Do you mean he has amnesia? Like in those movies?” Rikki nodded solemnly.

“Will Daddy not remember us?” Alex asked quietly.

“I don’t know, honey,” his mother replied.