Our House

*Jim's P.O.V.*

-The Next Day-

     I watched as the man fell out of the window, to the garbage that would cushion his fall. If they didn't want to tell me what they know, I was gonna scare them into it. Even if it meant pushing them out of a window.

     I turned back towards the rest of the people in the room. "Jerome Valeska! Y/N Y/L/N! The attack on the GCPD," I said as Harvey grabbed a chair and sat in front of one of the guys. "Someone on the streets is talking," I said as I walked over there. "Somebody knows something."

     The man looked between Harvey and myself, obviously scared. Harvey pulled out the pictures and showed him the one of the boy. "Valeska has red hair, crazy laugh." He pulled out another one, this one being Barbara. "Might be rollin' with the blonde number, or..." he said, pulling out the third picture. "Y/N, his equally psychotic girlfriend."

     The man shook his head and began to stutter. "I-I-I don't know anything! Honest." I turned to Harvey even though he was still staring at the dirty man. "You believe him?"

     "Nope," Harvey said, putting the photos away. "Me neither," I said, backhanding him. "It's the truth! But, hey, I can help you guys!" He argued. "You know, spread the word and stuff!"

     "Valeska and his girlfriend killed a friend of ours. Anybody hides them, anybody protects them, they go down, too. You got it?" I asked. The man nodded. "Yeah."

     "Now spread the word," I said. Me and Harvey both grabbed him and dragged him to the next window. "No! No!" He pleaded, But we ignored him and threw him out the window.  I turned to Harvey and sighed. "This is gonna be a long day."

...

     Harvey and I walked back into the precinct and still had no new information. "Look, I'm just sayin', I'll chuck mopes out of windows until the cows come home, but at some point, we gotta go see Penguin." I looked at Harvey. "Why would Penguin break Jerome and Y/N out of Arkham? Or attack the GCPD?" I pointed out.

     "He wouldn't, But that weasel's running things now. If there's chatter, he'd know it," he argued. Just to get him to back off, I decided to play along. "I'll think about it." He stopped walking. "Jim!" He shouted. "I'll think about it!" I shouted back.

     "Alvarez!" I shouted to the detective. "Where are you with Jerome's circus contacts?" He looked up at me. "Circus is upstate. I'm just waiting-" I cut him off. "Follow up. His father's probably with him. He covered for him once before. He might have some information. Do it," I ordered.

     "You, Detective!" I shouted to the man on the phone. "Which escapee are you tracking?" "Helzinger! No one's seen him," he informed me. "He's 6'7', two-seventy-five with the mind of a five-year-old! Somebody's seen him," I argued.

     I turned to the Commissioner's office at the sound of something ripping. "Hey! What are you doing?" I asked, walking towards the cop that was taking the caution tape off of the doors. "That stays up until we have her killers in custody, you understand?" The woman nodded. "Yes, sir," she said as put the tape back on.

     I walked over to the balcony so I could get these people into shape. "Sarah Essen and nine of your brothers were killed in this house! In our house! Their murderers stood right there," I said, pointing to the spot she was killed. "And they laughed at us! Never forget that!"

     I felt somebody put their hand on my shoulder. "What!?" I shouted, turning around. I saw that it was Lee and instantly felt bad. Shit.