One of Jerome's Moods

Once the truck stopped, you jumped out of the truck and ran the rest of the way to Theo's. You didn't stop to wait for Jerome or any of them. You just ran.

     You could hear Jerome behind you, calling your name and telling you to stop. You could also hear him running after you, but you didn't care. You let them kill Dobkins.

     Once you reached the penthouse, you ran to your room and locked to door. You fell on your bed and cried. How could you let them do that to your best friend!?

     You heard knocking on your door, but chose to ignore it. "Babygirl?" You heard Jerome. You stayed on your bed and decided not to open it. "Doll face, come on. I'm sorry, but we didn't have time to waste!" He shouted.

     You stood up and walked towards the door. You opened it and began to take your clothes off. You turned on the shower and got in, but ignored Jerome still knocking at your door and shouting to you.

     You washed yourself, but even when you were done, you stayed in the shower. You couldn't shake the feeling that it was your fault. You could have at least done something.

     You didn't get out of the shower until you no longer had hot water left. You got out and dried off. You put on a pair of pajamas and blow dried your hair.

     When you walked out of the room, you were surprised to see Jerome. His head snapped up to you and he visibly relaxed. He jumped up and ran over to you.

     "Are you ok? Why were you in there so long? Is it because of Dobkins? I'm sorry, but we didn't have time to waste, and he was taking too-" You looked up at him with your eyebrows furrowed. "He was taking too long? No, Jerome. We let one of our own die," you said as you pushed him off of you and walked away.

     "Dobkins didn't deserve to die. We could have easily waited! You didn't have to-" Jerome ran up to you and pointed at you. "I'm not the one to blame! He was wasting precious time that we didn't have to waste! It was either let him get caught or we all get caught. Sorry that I let your little boyfriend-" You brought your hand back and slapped him.

     "Don't ever say anything like that again!" You shouted. "I would never do that to you! Dobkins was like a brother to me! I can't believe you would ever even say such a thing!" You looked at him and saw that he hasn't moved his head from the position it landed in when you slapped him.

     He slowly turned to you with narrowed eyes. "You little bitch! Did you just fucking hit me!?" He began to shout, spit began flying from his mouth, but you weren't backing down. Not yet anyway.

     "Well maybe if you didn't say I was fucking cheating! You know I would never-"

     "No, I don't fucking know that! You're acting like your husband just died! Makes me wonder if you would act like that if it was me!" You pulled your hand back again, but he blocked it. Tears began to fall down your cheeks.

     "Don't ever fucking talk like that! You're not leaving me! And if you did die, I don't know if I could even live! You're the only reason that I can wake up everyday!" He began to chuckle. "Really? 'Cause you went many years last time without seeing me! You obviously didn't care last time!"

     You looked in his eyes and saw that they were filled with anger. You finally realized that you got Jerome to go into one of his moods. You had to slowly bring him back to reality or this would end bad.

     You put both of your hands up in a surrender motion. "Jerome, we both know that isn't true. I love you. You are the love of my life. I only stopped cause I thought it would just be more painful for both of us if I didn't." He only laughed again.

     "That's what you claim, but I can't see what's going on in that pretty little head of yours." He put his arm around you so you couldn't move and pulled a knife out of nowhere. "Maybe I should take a look."

     You began to push on his chest. "Jerome! Jerome, let me go! Come on, Jerome! I'm sorry! Please! Let me go!" You looked up and saw that he was bringing the knife towards your face.

     He put the knife on your cheek and smiled. "Ya know, Babygirl, you frown too much. Whaddya say we put a smile on that face?" He asked rather darkly. You shook your head. "Jerome! Get the fuck off of me!" He pushed you back, but luckily the bed was behind you so you landed on that.

     He started slowly walking towards you. He leaned down and quickly wiped the smile off of his face. "I thought I made this clear earlier when I showed Greenwood, but you obviously didn't pay attention. I'm the boss! You listen to me, not the other way around. Now, Theo wants us to go on another job, and you and I are gonna act like everything is fine, like we didn't get in a fight, but when we get back, we're gonna finish this."

     You stared at him before nodding. He stood up and smiled. "Good. Now let's go get ready. The others are waiting," he said as he held his hand out. You took his hand and let him pull you out. You weren't paying attention to anything. All you could think about was what Theo said earlier, and if he was right.