Old Faces and Apologies

You walked up to the table that the four boys sat at. As they heard you get closer, they all turned to look at you. Greenwood's face showed annoyance, Dobkins and Aaron's showed confusion, and Jerome's was a mixture of hope, love, and frustration.

You stopped at the front of the table and looked at all of them. Almost immediately, Greenwood spoke. "What are you doing here, Y/L/N? Shouldn't you be with your boyfriend?" He spat. You saw Jerome scoff and roll his eyes, causing you to glare at the cannibal. "Actually, yeah, I should," you said, causing them all to perk up with confusion. "That's why I'm here." You looked directly at Jerome and saw him visibly tense up. "Can I talk to you, J?" You asked. You saw the hope fill his eyes at your sentence. He nodded and followed you to the table that Sionis was at. Sionis looked up at the two of you and got up to walk away, but not before smirking at you.

     You looked at Jerome and saw him glaring at Sionis. You took a moment and realized how lucky you were that you had a man like Jerome. "J," you said, causing him to look at you. "Yeah?" He asked. "It's Babs. She's here," You said, still shocked. He nodded. "I know. Y/N, things are starting to change. I don't think either one of us realized how that would happen," He said. You nodded.

You both sat there in silence, not looking at each other, just sitting there. "I'm sorry," he blurted out. You looked at him confused. "What?" You asked. He looked at you before speaking. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I wasn't there when you woke up. I promise I was there while you were still out. I would be there for hours a day, and I was only talking to Ruby cause I knew that you secretly liked her and wanted to be friends with her. I thought I was helping, but I was just ruining everything, per the usual. I guess my mom was right about me; I'm just one big fuck up," he said. You looked at him wide-eyed. What had you done to him? It seems that you had broken the only thing you were trying to keep together this whole time.

"Don't say that ever a-fucking-gain, Jerome. All those things your mom did, you didn't deserve that. None of this is your fault. Shit like this happens, especially with the life we're living. We're getting the people we love back! Our life back! Yeah, it's different, but wasn't that the whole point of us coming back? To change what happened and make things different? Jerome, I'm sorry that I overreacted. I was just so...." you stopped, thinking for the word. "Jealous." You finally said. "You were giving another girl attention, when I wanted it, and I'm sorry that all of this is happening. I didn't know that all of this, was for me, and I'm so thankful for you." You said, tears starting to slowly fall down your cheeks.

You lowered your head into your arms. You might have just ruined everything. You heard Jerome get up, and immediately tears began to fall down your face faster. He was leaving.

You were crying so much that you didn't even feel him sit down next to you. You didn't realize that anybody was there until you felt his hand on your arm. You looked up and saw that he had tears in his eyes as well. You threw your arms around him and just sat there in his arms. "I love you," you whispered into his ear. "I love you, too, doll," He whispered back, and in that moment, everything felt right.