Forgetting

You were lying in bed, staring at the pile of clothes you would have to take care of sooner or later. You absolutely hated having to get up; you were already so comfortable.

     "Y/N!" You heard Jerome shout. You listened to his footsteps run to your room, and the door being slammed opened. "Jerome! You're gonna put a whole in the wall!" He walked towards you. You noticed how anxious he looked. "Sorry, babygirl. I have something to tell you." You cocked your head to the side. "Well, spill."

     He sat down next to you and looked at his lap. "So, remember how we were talking about forgetting the past?" He asked. You nodded. "Yeah." He sighed. "Well, turns out, there's a reason for it." He pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to you. You read it carefully, but once you did, you kept reading it over and over again to make sure you were reading it right.

Dear Jerome and Y/N,

     We don't have much time here in the future. People and things are disappearing left and right. Since you guys are changing the past, the future, or the present, whatever you want to call it, shouldn't exist anymore, so it's disappearing.

     Soon, this world will be gone, and you guys aren't going to remember anything from your last lives. You guys have about 3 years at the most if all goes well, but things are going quick. You might only have a year. Anyway, it was nice to be able to go on this adventure with you.

-Shiana Parks

     You looked up at Jerome with shock. "What?" You whispered. He nodded. "What are we gonna do?" He asked. You stared at the bed wide eyed. "We're gonna forget it all." Jerome grabbed your hands, causing you to look at him again. "It might not be for awhile. We still have time to think of something. What if we wrote everything down!? When we forget and read it, we might remember." You shook your head.

     "It's gonna be like we have amnesia. We can read it all we want, but we're not gonna remember it actually happening. It's gonna be like reading a book," you said sadly. He pulls you into his arms and hugs you. You cuddled into his chest and let the tears fall. "I-I don't want to forget," you confessed. He hugged you tighter. "I don't either, princess, but we had the chance to go back and start over, and we took it. Honestly, I think it was worth it. Don't you?" He asked.

     You wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled his head closer to you. "Of course I do! But forgetting everything and everyone! Jerome, I met Shiana's mom today. She's pregnant with her. Her mother looks just like her," I told him. He smiled at me. "So now we get to watch over her. She's helped us, now we have to help her." You kissed him on the lips. You pulled away and smiled at him. "Sometimes I think we've gone soft." He threw his head back in laughter. "Only a little, babygirl."