Massacre- Part 2

Last Chapter-

She pulled her head back and head butted him in the nose. Jerome leaned back and groaned in pain.

"That's gonna leave a mark!" She exclaimed. Jerome looked back at her, laughing with blood on his face and hands. "You got me," he said, bringing his hands up. "My turn," he said before laughing again.

————————————————————————

You stomped up to the two. "Sorry, babe, but I think I wanna play now," you said. He stepped aside and held his arm out. "Be my guest, doll."

You brought your hand back and punched her with all of your might. Her head snapped to the side and she groaned in pain. You grabbed her face and made her look at you. "Something tells me we're gonna do way more than just leave a mark."

You pushed her face away from you and walked back over to Jerome. He was smiling and his eyes followed you like a hawk. He walked up to Essen and pulled out his gun. "Ya know, I was hoping we would get to have some more fun with ya, but it looks like our time has come to an end. Well, yours is about to. Anyway," he said, shooting her in the side.

     The woman cried out in pain. You stared at her in awe. Jerome came up next to you and wrapped an arm around your waist. He kissed your temple before turning back to the scene.

     You turned to Greenwood's body and saw the camera. "Jerome," you said, causing him to look at you. "What?" He asked, following your line of vision. You both looked at each other and smirked. "Time to send Gotham a little message," he said, walking over and grabbing the camera.

     He picked it up and pointed it at his face. "Hello, Gotham City!"

...

*Jim's P.O.V.*

     "Detective Gordon!" I heard someone shout. I turned around and saw Bruce Wayne running towards me. "Bruce," I said, keeping a distance from him. "I heard the news. I was worried something happened to you. I'm very relieved," he confessed. "Me, too," I agreed.

     "The last time we met, I was very hard on you," he said. "I wanted to apologize. You've been a really good friend." He slowly walked towards me and hugged me. I slowly wrapped my arms around him and looked at his butler, Alfred. He nodded at me with worried eyes.

     I chatted with them for a bit before I told them that it was better for them to leave than to waist their time here. They began to argue, but I also pointed out that I would have to leave to clean myself up. They finally obliged and left.

     I waited for them to go before I walked into Essen's office. What those monsters did to her was horrible. They took one of the few good people left in Gotham away.

     "She was a good woman," I heard somebody say. I looked up and saw Harvey. "Good cop," I replied. He pushed his coat back and put his hands on his hips. I walked up to him, but he was focused on her desk.

     "It's good to see you, but you don't have to do this," I argued. "Let's not talk about it," he said. "We are who we are, right? No use fighting it."

     "What did Scotty say?" I asked. "She'll understand, or she won't," he said. I couldn't help, but feel bad. I didn't want him to feel like he had to come back for me or for anybody else.

     "Guys. You need to see this," a cop said, running in and turning the t.v. on. Harvey and I turned to the t.v. while a news anchor popped up.

     "I'm reporting live from the scene of the GCPD Massacre. We have just obtained footage  of the attack recorded by one of the assailants. I wanna warn those of you watching, what you're about to see is very graphic," the lady said.

     All of a sudden, the image changed to the inside of the precinct and a dead cop in a chair. Somebody bent down and picked the camera up and brought it up to their face. It was Jerome Valeska, but he was bleeding from his nose. I immediately knew that it was from Essen. I couldn't help, but find comfort in knowing that she didn't go down without a fight. "Hello, Gotham City!"

...

*Y/N's P.O.V*

     "We're the Maniax! And I'm Jerome, the... shot-caller of our little gang!" He spun the camera around so it was facing you. You began to do random poses while he introduced you. "This is Y/N! She's the queen of the gang. Together, we rule the whole thing!" He announced. You began to giggle. "All of it!"

     He swung the camera around back to him. "We're here to spread the message of wisdom and hope," he said before chuckling. All of a sudden, a man began to groan and cause a distraction. You walked up next to Jerome while he pulled his gun out and shot the fellow.

     He turned back to camera and shook his head. "Some people have no manners." You shook your head, too. "Rude." He put his face really close to the camera for the next part. "You're all prisoners. What you call sanity, is just a prison in your minds." He backed away from the camera.

     "That stops you from seeing that you're just tiny, little cogs in a giant absurd machine!" He threw his hand out before pulling the camera up to his face again. "Wake up!" He shouted. "Yeah! Nap times over!" You piped up.

     "Why be a cog? Be free like us!" He began playing with the man's face, making him smile. "Just remember! Smile!" He said, laughing. You got in the picture and smiled, motioning to your mouth. He then began to move the guys mouth and make dog sounds.

     "Oh!" He said, grabbing the hat off of the guys head and turning around. "Time to go," he said, looking back at the camera. He got down on his knees and laid the camera down. "But don't worry, we'll be back very soon!" He put the cop hat back on. "Hang on to your hats, folks, cause you ain't seen nothin' yet!" He shouted before laughing.

     You blew a kiss to the camera before laughing. "Bye bye, Gotham!" Jerome grabbed your hand and pulled you out of the building, you both laughing. You guys jumped in the van, and didn't stop laughing the whole way back.