Massacre

You stared at the building that you were parked in front of. You still haven't talked to Jerome, but you knew if you wanted to prevent another fight, you would have to during your mission.

Jerome sat next to you in the back of the van Theo let you guys use. God knows where he gets all of these cars. "What's taking her so long?" Greenwood whined. You ignored him and continued to stare out the window.

Jerome chuckled. "You know Barbara, always taking her sweet time." As if on cue, Barbara walked out and looked at the van. She nodded before turning the corner. You looked back at the building and saw Jim was running after her. "Let's go," you said, opening the door and jumping out.

Before you could walk away, Jerome grabbed your hand and stopped you. You looked at him, but he was looking at the rest of the group. Well, Greenwood and some of the guys Theo was having help you. "Y/N and I are going to take care of the commissioner. Greenwood, you take care of everybody else," Jerome ordered. Greenwood nodded at him.

"Wait for me and Y/N to walk in. Count to ten after we get inside. Then, you go in and take care of them." Before Greenwood could answer, Jerome spun around and walked away, dragging you with him. "Let's go," he said.

Jerome and you kept your heads down and quickly walked into the GCPD. Once you were inside, he let go of your hand and guided you to the commissioner's office.

Once you guys passed the man at the front desk, Jerome spoke with a fake jersey accent. "We need to talk to Commissioner Essen right away. It's an emergency." The man looked at us while he held a phone to his ear. "Yeah, go ahead, she's right upstairs." You took a quick glance behind you and saw Greenwood walk in. You smiled before continuing to Essen.

Once you were at the door, Jerome knocked on it before walking in. "Yo, Commish," he said, still using his fake accent. You both had your heads down and she was looking in her desk so she couldn't see it was you. "Yeah?" She said before looking up.

She saw it was you and Jerome so she went to grab a gun, but she wasn't quick enough. Jerome pulled his gun out first and aimed it at her. "Heard you were lookin' for us," he said, dropping the accent.

Then, the sound of the smoke bomb going off and gunfire rang throughout the building, causing you and Jerome to smile at her. Once things quieted down, Jerome turned to you. "Will you do me a favor, doll?" He asked. You smiled up at him. "Anything for you, handsome."

He put an arm around your waist and pulled you into his chest, causing you to giggle. "Will you go get everything set up for the commissioner. Can't keep her waiting, can we?" You shook your head. "No we can't. I'll go do it right now!" He chuckled. "Thanks, princess."

Before you could walk away he pecked you on the lips. "What did I do to deserve you?" He asked. You felt your cheeks heat up. "Guess you just got lucky." And with that, you skipped out of the room to get everything.

You set up the area where you guys were gonna take care of Essen. You saw Greenwood and called him over. "Greenwood! Go make sure everybody is taken care of!" You shouted at him. He groaned, but listened to you anyway.

You watched as Jerome and two other men dragged the commissioner out of her office. They sat her down on the chair you had set up, and tied her down. She wasn't putting up much of a fight, and you could see that the events that just happened had really gotten to her. Just like Dobkins. You couldn't help but feel a little bad. She felt just like you had when Dobby died.

When Jerome was done, he joined you on the other side of the two desks you pushed together to put Essen on top of. He took his hat off and swung it around his finger before throwing it as he whistled. "Hell of a first week you're having, Commissioner," he said as he began to take the police jacket off. "I wish I could tell you that things were gonna get better for you. They're not," he said as he threw his jacket to the side.

Jerome turned to Greenwood who was walking around with the camera. "Here," he ordered. "Bring that up here. Get a better angle of the room." He put his fingers up in two 'L's and put his thumbs together as if they were a camera and he was trying to get a good angle. While he was doing that, you took your hat and jacket off and threw them with Jerome's.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked as if it made no sense to her. "To rule the world. Blah blah blah. But we'll settle for some dead cops and some good PR," he said, bringing his hands down. You saw the flash from the camera shine onto Essen. Jerome chuckled. "Kidding."

"Yeah, Whatever, I get it. You're just crazy," she said. You began to walk towards her, but Jerome put his hand out, stopping you. Once he knew you wouldn't go after her, he stood up straight and cocked his head to the side. "Crazy?" He walked towards her and bent down. "Look at me. Now look at Y/N. You can see, we're not crazy."

"Very soon, little man, you will be dead, and the world will go on without you." Jerome rested his head on his hand and faked interest. "You'll be nothing. No one will even remember your name. And as far as your psycho girlfriend goes, if she doesn't die right with you, she's just going to be a punching bag for people. They'll throw her around, use her. And for what? Their own pleasure. They're gonna do things to her that will make you seem like nothing."

You could feel the anger growing inside of you. Jerome pointed at her. "Mmm... No, that is where you're wrong, old lady," he said standing up. He put both of his hands on the arms of the chair and leaned into her face. "We will leave a mark on this city!" He leaned in so his mouth was right by her ear. "We will spread across it like a virus. Do you know why?"

"There's nothing more contagious than laughter!" Greenwood interrupted. You glared at him while Jerome smiled darkly at him. All of a sudden, Jerome grabbed his gun and shot him before turning back to the commissioner. "My line. There's nothing more contagious than laughter!" He began laughing, but Essen leaned up and spit onto his face.

Jerome licked the spit, causing you to look at him weirdly. "That was strangely pleasant. Do it again!" He begged, leaning in. She pulled her head back and head butted him in the nose. Jerome leaned back and groaned in pain.

"That's gonna leave a mark!" She exclaimed. Jerome looked back at her, laughing with blood on his face and hands. "You got me," he said, bringing his hands up. "My turn," he said before laughing again.