CHAPTER 35: Don't Just Walk Away

Exotica knew before she threw her leg over the bike that she had to have her. It was like out of a movie the slow motion and everything from when she rolled in on her motorcycle, took off her helmet and shook out her long wavy locks to the moment she spoke.

"Who owns this place?"

Exotica knew the beautiful woman was talking to her, but she couldn't formulate words. She was, for the first time in, well, as far back as she could remember, speechless.

"Nah, it can't go over there that's where the xbox games are going." James's voice brought the woman's eyes from Exotica.

Exotica knew her mouth was open but no words were coming out.

The beautiful woman pressed the helmet into Exotica's chest and headed up the stairs to where James was getting the battlebots set up.

"Where can I unload?" She wanted to know climbing the stairs to James.

James met the woman's well groomed brown eyebrows and honey colored eyes.

"Who are you?"

"Oh." The woman smiled. "I'm Vivica Delaney." She offered a hand to James who shook it.

"Ah yes, The Tank. Some mad crazy stunts by the way. I'm James."

"if you're the James I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure I stole some of my tricks from you."

James smiled wiping the back of his neck.

Exotica frowned. The James she knew would be running game on this chick so hard she wouldn't know what hit her. He'd been going through the motions lately like no one could tell, but Exotica knew him long enough to know something was really off. She rolled her eyes. Men, they were hopeless.

"When did you open up this place?" Exotica brought her attention back to the leggy distraction.

"Me? Nah, you got me confused with Exo. Hey Ex!"

Exotica put the woman's helmet on her bike and skipped steps to get to where Ms. Delaney and James were..

"Here she is. The underground mistress of magic herself. She can make anything happen for you."

Vivica brought her attention to Exotica looking her over with one well groomed eyebrow raised. The woman smiled. "She's the owner?" She crossed her arms over her chest. "I mean she's cute and all but who's the full size owner."

"Aha," Exotica licked her lips with a nod. Okay, someone's tryin' it. This could be fun!

James frowned his eyebrows pulled together.

"Seriously James." Exotica picked up words rushing her brain in surplus. "Tell Ms. Delaney who runs a net zero gaming and skateboarding facility. That, if numbers don't lie, keeps more youth off the streets than the Boys & Girl's Club, YMCA, and Big Brother combined? Hosts over one hundred half pipe and motorcycle competitions every year? Who's never been in the red from the first moment she opened the doors? Please, tell her James, seriously, who's signing her check for this event." Exotica held out her hand and James dapped it.

The woman smirked and circled around Exotica eying her up and down. "Alright boss. Where can I unload my semi?" Vivica stopped in front of Exotica and crossed her arms.

"There are coiling doors on the north side of the building. If you need help we've got people."

"Thanks, but I've got my own muscle." Vivica nodded, turned, and walked away. She stopped a couple steps before the stair and looked back her brown eyes focused on Exotica. "You really should stop looking at me like that. I'm way too much for you, little bit."