CHAPTER 12: Ex-Cuse Me

WARNING: So, I always have a plan for a story, but once I start posting they take on a mind of their own. This chapter blind sided me; therefore, it will most likely have more than usual issues with grammar/punctuation/etc. Apologize for the mess but I hope you still enjoy!

__________________

"Girl, if you don't put that got damn practice exam away right now, I'm going to go mad black woman on yo ass in front of all these ball throwing, pin knocking, beer drinking, happy ass people."

Damsel closed the exam between the thick volume resting in her lap and found her friend's mischievous eyes. "Seriously? Why are you so dramatic?"

"Because you are being ridiculous. You're out. So, be out!"

Damsel growled. "I didn't want to be here. You dragged me out."

"You damn straight I did because you needed it. Your whole life can't be stu..."

"Is that... good lord Damsel is that a textbook?" Damsel grimace when the sound of the voice made a place in her memory without even seeing the obnoxious man.

Damsel set her study materials on the floor under her chair her eyes catching the strange mix-match bowling shoes on her feet before she pierced her lips together and turned to face Doctor Greggs . "Doctor. Fancy seeing you here. You know I never took you for a bowling kind of guy? I thought it was all about tee time with you?"

He chuckled. "Oh, you know me so well. I hate bowling, but that beautiful young woman at the counter getting her shoes loves it." Dr. Greggs nodded toward the counter but kept his gaze on Damsel.

Despite her better judgement, she broke the stare off between her and Frederick Greggs to look at the blonde bombshell that was chatting with the store clerk at the counter. She hated the jealousy that floated through her. She was feeding into him she knew but she couldn't stop the feeling. He was her ex for a damn good reason and this is one of them.

"Well isn't she pretty." Cammie added with a facial expression which didn't mirror her words.

Doctor Greggs smirked. "Might even make this one my Mrs."

"And this will be number what?" Cammie wanted to know crossing her arms over her chest.

Doctor Greggs finally tore his eyes from Damsel to cast a haughty look of indifference toward Cammie who was unmoved. "Well, I very well couldn't wait around on Damsel to finally make time for me."

Damsel hissed. "The problem is I spent too much time on you."

Doctor Greggs let out a dramatic laugh. "If being fifth and tenth on your priority list is you spending time, I'm sorry for the poor bastard that picks you and decides you're worth it."

Damsel hated the heat that was rising up inside her. She clenched her fists at her side. So many words bubbling up toward her mouth. Hateful, hurtful words. "So... because I'm driven and determined to make my dreams come true and not stroke your ego every five minutes some how makes me...

"That's the problem with you excuses. You'll make that poor bastard wait for you to make it around to them. It's why you're going to end up sad and alone."

Damsel slapped Doctor Greggs across the face her bottom lip trembling as her own insecurities and fears, even nightmares of being at the end and being alone. Of focusing so much on her career that she misses out on everything else that life has to offer her. A man who loves her without bounds, children. She was thinking it he said it. Did that really make him the bad guy or just the guy who told her the truth? "I really don't like you Doctor." Damsel's shaky voice let out before she turned and ran out of the bowling alley.