CHAPTER 26: A little Ratchet Never Hurt No One

"Would you move over gosh girl you are hogging the mirror." Cammie bumped Damsel with her hip.

"I don't know Cam. Clubbing was never my thing."

"Look ma, the man offered all of us a free section and drinks at the hottest nightclub in the city. Girl you done lost ya mind if you think clubbing is not your thing tonight, okay?" Cammie took Damsel's place in front of the mirror and raised an eyebrow looking at her face. "Ooo girl got to beat this face real quick."

"Yeah real quick cause we have to go s-." Damsel broke off when she heard the doorbell ring. She strolled to the door putting in her earrings.

"Hey Girl!" Dametria and Monet shouted when Damsel opened the door. She gave them both hugs and two of her friends she knew since high school Kindria and Holland came in after them.

"Yall crazy come on in. Got shots on the island. Cam's finishing her makeup." Damsel had been spending every moment that week studying for her test. She was determined now fueled not by Mama Kane, but her own spark, her own drive and desire to finish something she'd been working so hard at for so long.

"You know what Dame, I am pissed at you." Monet stood at the island holding her shot glass waiting for the other girls to join her.

Damsel rolled her eyes. "And why is that?"

"I was hoping you would leave that fine ass white boy alone so I could swoop in and snatch his ass up." The other girls burst out laughing talking loud over each other about his pornographic videos plural as they found a couple other ones. Monet pulled up her phone when Kindria and Holland both said they didn't know what was going on.

"Lalala I can't hear yall." Damsel covered her ears and walked off back to her room. Damsel strolled into her closet where Cammie was still working on her make-up. "Can you believe these heathens? Why are your friends so ratchet?"

Cammie laughed and waived her off putting in her earrings. "Girl, a little ratchet ain't never hurt nobody."

"I'm not so sure if I can agree with that, but for sake of argument."

Cammie paused putting on her eyeliner and glanced at Damsel from the side of her eye. "You think now cause you all M.D. that I don't know you? How many times did I have to take my earrings out to have your little ratchet asses back?"

Damsel pushed the heat aside that rose to her face. "What do you- I don't-"

"W-what?" Cammie mocked. "Can't even come up with a good defense can you."

"That was so long ago. I've matured."

Cammie smirked over at Damsel mischief in her eyes. "No doubt, but without a little ratchet you wouldn't be taming that porn star dick."

"Oh my gosh! Seriously? Do you girls have no shame?" It wasn't like James's videos bothered Damsel because they didn't, it was just not something that she had to deal with when she dated other guys.

Cammie was chuckling and trying to focus on her eyeliner. "Don't worry girl. We all know who he belongs to. He's got that twinkle in his eye."

"What are you talking about?" Damsel adjusted her lean on the door frame.

"You know, that black magic twinkle." Cammie faced her friend. "Ain't no guy going to do all this that Mr. James Stevenson is doing unless he's pussy mesmerized."

"Cammie Lauren Haines you are being so extra right now."

Cammie laughed. "Don't be ashamed girl you got that good good keep that man mesmerized."

Damsel slapped Cammie playfully on the arm getting a glare from her friend.

"If you mess up this make-up, then we're really going to be late."