My Baby Girl or Boy?

Two weeks passed quite quickly. I spent most of my time with Mark or my friends. I also went to school, but I lately I had skipped a bit. I hadn't been feeling very well, so I had called in sick.

Since I wasn't feeling very good, I was going to the doctor today. I was worried that it was something wrong with the baby or something with me.

Mark was coming with me, so he had the day of from school. He had said he had to visit his wife, who got hit by a car and hadn't fully recovered. That, obviously, wasn't true, since he was going with me, but I still wanted to know what went on with Jenny. Yes, that's right, I havn't heard anything about Jenny nor from Mark's father. But that was the last thing on my mind right now. The first thing was my baby and it's health.

Another thing that will happen today is my birthday. Not the best one so far, since I would spend it at a hospital. But still, I was now 18 and happy about being it.

Like I said, I was going to the doctor today about my condition, so that's where we'll start of.

I woke up on Thursday at 9 o'clock by my alarm. I had my alarm on, because I had a doctors appointment today at 10.30.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I was very careful while walking there, since I was now so big that I barely could see my felt. Was it normal to be this big already?

I took that shower and once I was out, I wrapped a towel around me. I had forgotten my clothes, so I walked in to my room like that.

Once I was dressed in a pair of black sweatpants and a pink T-shirt I fixed my hair. Like usual, I put it up in a pony-tail. I had washed it yesterday, so I hadn't done it this morning, mostly because I was lazy.

Once I had done that, I got breakfast. Yes, I eat breakfast. My " I'm-not-feeling-so-good" thing doesn't involve throwing up or so, but mostly that I sometimes felt like I was going to pass out. It may not seem bad, but I was afraid that I would pass out and while falling, hurting my baby.

Like I said, I got my breakfast, and then ate it. I just ate some cereals with milk. When I was done, I looked a the clock, 9.43. I still ahd about 40 minutes before Mark would show up, so instead of being bored, I went in to my computer. I hadn't been in on facebook for a while, so I decided to to that.

I logged in and saw that I had 3 new messages:

The first one was from Lola. ' Wanna go shopping? Gotta find a dress to homecomming. ' It stood. I didn't get that one. It was still 2 ½  months until homecomming, so yeah.. A bit early.

The second one was from Sammy, who I hadn't spoken to in months. ' Kayla, I need a favor. Well, it is a favor from Liam, my boyfriend. Liam wanted me to ask me if you could go on date with Luke. Luke really likes you and I hope you like him too. If you agree, call me. Bye :) ' Is what Sammy had written. Btw, I did not agree. After all, I was sort of dating Mark. We havn't gone on a date outside, but we had in his house and mine.

The last message was from no other than Kelly. ' Me and Nick has set a date for out wedding. Since I am now 18, we decided to have it after graduation. We where thinking August 20th. To differwnt matters, me and Nick finaly told my father about us and amazingly enough, he approved. I think he did because he and Nick was friends and dad knew that Nick would treat me good. I hope you feel better along with your baby. See ya soon! :) ' Is what Kelly had written. I was very happy for her and Mr. Collins, well Nick. I still hadn't gotten used to call him Nick.

Once I had read all my messages, I logged out. There was only 10 minutes before Mark would get here, so I didn't have time to do anything else.

While waiting for Mark, I thought about what Kelly had written. Her father didn't get mad about her and Nick and actually approved. I hoped my mother would react the same way if she ever would find out. I really want to tell her about everything, but was afraid about her reaction.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a knock on the door. I walked over to it and opened it. As I guessed, Mark stood outside, still as handsome as always.

" Hi, are you ready to go? " He said to me when the door was open.

I nodded in responce and grabbed my jacket. When I had it on, I walked out of the house. I locked the door and then walked to Mark's car.

If your wondering why we arn't affraid that anyone would see us, it's because if they would, we would just say that Mark was looking after me while my mom was gone. This was actually true. Mom had asked him to keep an eye on me, since I was pregnant and wasn't feeling very good.

We got in to the car and Mark drove way. We drove in silence, me because I was nervous that something was wrong. He wouldn't admitt it, but I think Mark was just as nervous as me, maybe more.

After 15 minutes in silence, we arrived to the hospital. We walked inside and checked me in.

We waited for about 20 minutes, in silence, before Dr. Carlton came in and called us up.

When we where in the room, Dr. Carlton told me to sit down on the bed-thing. First, he was going to take a blood test on me so that we could see what was wrong and then he would look at the baby threw a monitor.

When the blood had been taken, which I was glad was over since I was afraid of needles, it was time to look at the baby.

Dr. Carlton pulled up the monitor-thingy and soon my baby was shown.

Just like every other times I got tears in my eyes. I couldn't help it, it was just so beautiful. Even Mark had tears in his eyes.

Dr. Carlton pointed out the baby's head, foots,hands,toes and fingers. I was happy to know that he/she looked fine.

" Now, I can see that last time you didn't want to know the sex of the baby, but would you like to know now? " Dr. Carlton asked once I had pulled down my shirt.

I looked at Mark to see if he wanted to know and he gave an almost non-excistant nod of a yes.

" Yes, I would like to know. " I told Dr. Carlton.

" Alright, let's see. " He said and pulled out a folder. " Hm.. Looks like your having a baby girl. " He said and that's when my tears rolled down my cheeks. I was having a baby girl. A small baby. A Rose or Aurora. A Lauren or Adrianna. A.. Okay, I've got many names, but still.. I was having a baby girl!!

When I finally stopped crying, we where able to leave. Well, we had to wait another few minutes for Mark to stop crying. You heard me, Mark cried. I thought it was very adorble to see a grown man cry, cry more than me.

When we arrived to the car, we got inside and drove away.

" So.. What is your favorite name for a girl? " I asked after about 1 minute in the ride.

" I don't know.. But I like Sarah, after my grandmother. I also like Summer, because I like summer time. " He said.

I didn't like the name Summer, because if the baby get's my last name.. Summer Sommers? No, absolutely no. But Sarah? I kinda like that name. Sarah Sommers. Okay, maybe Sarah Sommers-Torez.

Ah, so many names, so little time. How am I ever going to decide?

The rest of the ride I spent thinking of possible names, but came up empty. I liked many, but I couldn't decide. Sure, I still had 3 months, but that's not that long time.

My favorites so far was: Sarah, Rose, Adrianna, Caroline, Veronica and Brooke. But most likely, more names would be put on that list.

I am never going to decide with all those names.

I didn't get a chance to think about any more names, because we arrived to my house.

I was just about to get out of the car when Mark stopped me.

" Can you come over tonight at 8? I have a surprise to you. " He asked/said.

Nodding, I stepped out of the car and watched as Mark drove away.

Looks like I have a date tonight.

<<<<

10 VOTES AND 8 COMMENTS.

I would like f you'd tell me which name of these: Sarah, Rose, Adrianna, Caroline, Veronica and Brooke you would like the baby to be called. Or if you have another name you would like her to be named. Please let me know in your COMMENT!

Thank you!