A Look At My Baby

" Mom? " I asked, making sure she was really here.

" Yes?" My mom, Laila, asked

" What are you doing here? I thought you wouldn't be home for another 3 weeks."

" Well, the plane I was working on took a stop close by here, so I thought I'd come home earlier, to see my daughter. Now, are you going to let me in?"

I nodded and stepped aside, so that she could come in.

" Well, I think I should leave." Lola, the traitor, said.

Before she left she whispered me a: " Talk to Mark tomorrow, now talk to your mother. "

Me and my mother isn't as close as we once where. We drifted apart when she started her work and I only saw her a few months a year.

Once Lola left I decided I need to tell mom about my baby. I won't tell her about Mark, but she needs to know she is going to be a grandmother.

" Mom? Can we talk? It's important."

" Sure sweetie. I'll meet you in the living room in 5."

I walked in to the living room and sat down on the couch. I was nervous. Who knows how mom will react.

5 minutes later mom came in to the living room.

" So, sweetie, what did you want to talk about? " She asked when she sat down next to me on the couch.

" Well, I've got to tell you something. Please don't freak out... much. I'm...I'm pregnant."

......................

" WHAT?! YOUR PREGNANT?! How far along? Who's the father? Are you keeping the baby?"

" Mom! Calm down. Good. I'm about 7 weeks, the father is not important right now and yes, I'm keeping the baby. "

" Oh sweetie! " She said and then, to my surprise, she hugged me. " I'll help you. I won't let you go threw this alone!" She said in a caring voice.

Well, she took this better than I expected. Then she asked the question I didn't know how to answered.

" Who is the father? "

" Ahm... I meet him... at a party. Yes, a party. I can't really remember that night so well, cuz I was... sort of drunk... I know it's a guy..." I said. It was kinda obvious I was lying, but mom didn't push it. I didn't want to tell her I meet him in a bar, which I got in to by using a fake ID. It's not like I do that often. Cuz I don't. It was the first time I've ever done anything like that and the last.

" Oh, duh, ofcource it's a guy Kayla! Don't tell me you can't remember him."

" Sorry but I can't remember him." That was sort of true, cuz I still can't remember that night after a few drinks.

" Oh... Have you been to a doctor? It's important to see if everything is okay with the baby."

" Eh, no I havn't. OMG! Could I have hurt the baby? I must see a doctor!!" Yeah... I started to panick a bit.

" Kayla, calm down! I'm sure everything is alright. But, just in case I'll call Dr. Newman and ask for a appointment the first thing in the morning. Don't worry about school. I'll call the principal to let you take the day of. Does that sound alright?"

I just nodded in response, because now I was really tired even though it was only 8.30.

" Oh sweetie! Your so tired! Go to bed and I'll call Dr. Newman."

I nodded again and went to my room. I got dressed in my PJ and went to bed. I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.

The next morning I was woken up by my mom.

" Wake up honey! You've got a doctors appointment in an hour." She said and then left.

I looked at my clock by the bed table and saw it was only 8. Geez, I've slept for almost 12 hours and I'm still tired.

Even though I didn't want to, I got out of bed.

I took a quick shower before I got dressed. I put on short's, since it was sunny outside today, and a pink T-shirt with a text saying; " Hug Me :) " and a dog hugging a cat.

When I was dressed I remembered that I had to text Lola. Thank god school starts at 9.30 today, or else a very pissed of Lola would be standing outside of my house by this time.

" I won't be @ school today. I've got a doctors appointment ;) " I texted her.

" K, babe. What about Mark? " She answered with.

" I'll talk to him tomorrow. Bye, got 2 go. "

I didn't get an answered after that, as I expected.

It is now 9.40 so we have to leave for the doctors appointment. I didn't eat because I got sick as soon I smelled the food.

When the clock was 9.50 we arrived to the hospital. We got inside and told the receptionist that we are here and then we sat down in the waiting room.

At 9.05 a nurse came out telling us to follow her. We did that and soon we where standing in a room. Soon the doctor, a woman in her late 30's named Lena, came in and told me to lay down on the bed.

Once I had layed down she told me to pull up my shirt. She put some cold stuff on my stomach and then used what's-it-called to look at my baby.

" Alright, let's look at your baby. Ah, here she or he is. It all looks fine. " She said and once she found the baby she showed her/ him to me.

She/ he was so beautiful, even if she/ he was so small and you couldn't see much. I started crying. Dam hormones. I was a bit embarrassed, crying for this. But Lena was used to future mother's react just like I did. She told me that even some of the guys who comes here with their girlfriend/ wife cries. That made me feel less embarrassed, grown men crying.

Even though you couldn't see much of the baby, I wanted a picture. I decided that I wanted one every time I was here. I would keep the forever and then I could show them to the baby when he/ she is grown-up.

We got home at 10 and I went up to my room and layed down on the bed. Once there I just looked at my baby for a while before falling asleep again.

Later that day, around 5, my mom woke me up telling me that a neighbor would come over for dinner. She also told me to get dressed in a dress. God, are we having over royalties?

I put on a black dress my mother picked out and while I was putting it on, the doorbell rang. My mom opened the door, since I could hear voice's downstairs. It's a man's voice.

Once I was ready, I went downstairs. I walked in to the kitchen. The man mas sitting with his back to me, so I couldn't see him.

" Ah, there you are Kayla. This is Mark Torez." She said, gesturing to the man.

Once the man heard my name he turned around, with a smile on his lips.

Mark.

The sneaky bastard knew I lived here. He did this on purpose!

This is going to be an interesting dinner!