Mommy's new boyfriend

I arrived home about 20 minutes later.

Kelly had given me a ride home, so I wouldn't have to walk home.

I opened my door and walked inside. I dropped my bag on the floor before walking to the living room. I then pulled out my cellphone.

I was going to call Mark, because I wanted to know why he wasn't there today.

Beep. Beep. Bee-

" This number isn't available. Please call back another time or leave a message after the beep. "

Beep.

I got a small panic attack. You know, the one where you have no idea to say? Yeah, that one.

" Hi! It's me.. Kayla. I was wondering why you wern't in class... Anyway call me back. It's Kayla , if I didn't say that already. " Yeah.. That didn't come out so well.

I ended the call, feeling stupid. Why would I say my name two times?

I shook my head and put my phone on the couch table. I then sat down on the couch and started to watch TV.

There was no good shows to watch, so after 20 minutes of looking threw the channels, I gave up.

I then tried to read, but I couldn't concentrate.

I was really worried about Mark not calling me back. What if something had happened? No, I couldn't think like that. He was fine. Everything was fine. I was just overreacting.

After another hour of failed attempts to read/ be on my computer/ watch TV I was getting tired.

Not tired, as in sleeping, but tired of waiting.

I wanted to know why Mark wasn't calling me back and why he wasn't in class.

I needed something to distract me, but what?

I got my answer when I heard keys being put in the lock of the front door. At first I thought it was a killer or something, nut then he wouldn't have had keys.

I walked to the front door, only to see my mother.

" Mom? What are you doing here so early? " I asked when I stood in front of her.

" Well, I decided to take a small vacation. You know, spend time with you. " She said, slightly out of breath like she had been walking fast for a while.

" Okay. " I said and then went to hug her.

She hugged me back, but soon pulled back. She then told me to change my clothes, because we where going out to dinner. She told me to put on an dress. UGH!

Don't get me wrong. I like dresses, but when your pregnant, you fell fat and isn't exactly happy about wearing a tight dress. Besides, I probably wouldn't even be able to get out of it after.

But I did what my mother said. I put on a dress. It was light pink and was loose. It also helped to make my bump look a little bit smaller. I liked this dress.

When I was ready, I walked to my mother. She was wearing a black dress. It went down to her midthight and didn't show too much.

Mom had ordered a cab, since non of us had a car. Mom didn't have one because she is always traveling and you know why I don't have one.

We arrived to a french fancy restaurant. Why where we here? Sure, we went to restaurants some times, but then it not any " fancy " french ones, but the cheap ( sort of ) ones.

We went to a fancy one time, but that was when mom and my dad told me they where getting divorced. So, most likely, mom had some good or bad news for me. 

We walked in to the restaurant and the waiter showed us to a table. We sat down and picked up the menu's.

We sat in silence for a while, since we where picking what to eat.

Once we had ordered our food and the waiter had left, I turned my attention to my mom.

" So.. Why are we here? What is it you have to tell me? " I asked.

" Okay.. Well, I have to tell you that.. I've met someone. A guy. Who I like, a lot. So, what do you say about this? "

" Eh.. Okay..So, who's the guy? " I asked, slightly shocked.

" You know Kelly Winter right? Well, it's her father John. " That shocked me.

No that I didn't want them to be together, it's just.. I never thought my mom would date such a nice guy.

No offence, but my mom has always been in to the " bad boys ".

She tried dating after my dad left, but it didn't work out so well.. One guy was a biker and one was a drunk. So, yeah, that's why I was shocked to hear that she was dating a, for once, good guy.

" Wow.. I did not see that coming. But, if your happy, than so am I. I'm happy for you. " I eventually said.

" Really? Thank you Kayla. It means a lot that you accept him. And it's also so nice that you and his daughter have so much incommant. A little small, happy, family. Well, soon two more will be added. "

Well, that shocked me even more. If she was talking about him as family, then she is serious about him.

We didn't get a chance to speak anymore, because our food arrived.

We ate in silence. Not awkward silence, but nice one. Well, I wasn't speaking because I was attacking the food. What? It tasted very good!

When we had eaten, we ordered desert. That's when the niceness went away.

I was just going to bite in to my chocolate cake when I saw him.

I saw Mark sitting at one of the tables.

But he wasn't alone.

~~~

Okay, so I already know who the person is, but I can't think of a reason why Mark left. Help?

I've come up with this:

1. Jenny is back.

2. Josh is back. ( Mark's ex-bestfriend who Jenny slept with. )

3. The person Mark is with ( not telling who ) knows about Kayla and the baby.

 WHAT DO YOU THINK?