Chapter 4 - Stranger at the Window

Picture of Brandon

_________________________________

Courtney's P.O.V.

For the entire drive from the mall to my house, we bothered Corbyn. We loved to piss him off, especially about him being single. He says doesn't want a girlfriend and he can't handle girls especially with the whole crying thing.

He dropped me off at home and left. As I was walking towards the front door I could hear rustling sounds in the bushes behind me. I had a sense like someone was watching me, I could feel it. I hurried up to the door opened it and closed it behind me. I was panting and sweating.

"Not today Satan!" I said to myself. "Not today!"

The house was dark which meant Brandon wasn't home. I switched on the lights and went into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and the cupboards to see that they were packed with food. I poured out a glass of water and drank it down like I was dying.

It was now minutes after 7 and yet no sign of my brother. I went upstairs and undressed myself to take a shower. After a shower, I wrapped my wet hair and my body in towels. I sat on the edge of the bed with my phone in my and checking messages that Hannah and Corbyn had sent me.

I placed my phone down and got up walking towards my closet and that's when my phone rang. I picked it up to see that it was an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered the call.

No answer

"Hello?" I spoke on the phone again but still no reply. I hang up the call and threw my phone on the bed. As I turned around walking back to the closet my phone rang again.

I went over to the bed and grabbed up the phone in my hand answering it.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Courtney...Nicole...Kelly," the stranger said answering me in a cold voice.

"Who is this?" I asked.

The stranger started to laugh, "So innocent aren't you?"

"Corbyn is this you? I swear Corbyn if this is you I swe-." I was cut off by the cold voice.

"I see you're in a towel, and I like your curtains."

Now I was freaking the hell out. It wasn't Corbyn and it could never be Hannah. I wonder if it was Brandon. But why would he want to frighten me like this?

"Brandon?" I spoke on the phone.

"Oh this isn't Brandon Courtney," the voice said.
" Come over to the window."

I walked over to my window and pulled away my curtains, to find a person standing at the front of my yard. I couldn't see who it was but he had a phone in his hand. It's him. He's the person I'm talking to right now.

"I'll be watching you closely from now on because you are one prize. Even to your parents and your little coward brother. This was always my father's job but now I'm taking over," he explained

As I stood at the window tears started to form in my eyes. I was scared and felt like calling the cops. I moved away from the window slowly still with the phone at my ears. I was wondering why he wasn't speaking to me on the phone. He had hung up. I walked back up towards the window to notice that he was gone. I ran over to the closet and pulled out my pajamas. I got dressed and crawled up into a corner in my room crying.

Were my parents alive? Brandon has never spoken to me about them. Every time I would bring up the subject, he would either tell me to shut up or he would just get up and leave.

While I sat there on the floor curled up in a ball I could hear Brandon's car engine. He had pulled up in front of the house and now got out of the car walking towards the door. I could hear him downstairs.

I wanted to go down there to confront him but I couldn't move. I went over to my bed and lay down pretending I was asleep. I could hear Brandon's footsteps coming upstairs and at my door. He opened the door checking if I was asleep and closed it back.

My eyes felt heavy and I drifted off into sleep.

____________________________________________________

The next chapter will be Harry's P.O.V.
See yah!!!!