CH.52

CHANGE IS A GOOD THING

The Marshalls moved to their new seven bedroom, nine bath, English manor style home, three months after their wedding. The house was located in the same residential area as his uncle's making Noah's commute just a little further out.

Eva's 'cosmetic' changes included a new addition for her indoor pool, spa and steam room, repainting the entire estate, changing the tiles and fixtures in the master bathroom and kitchen and of course furnishing the entire thing. A few special changes were made as well unknown to Noah. A few secret passage ways were added along with a panic room and hidden weapon cashe's all over the house.

The true reason for buying this particular house was the hidden passage way in the library. Created before the current house was built in the prohibition era. There was a whisky still in this area which was all woodland before they began construction of these luxury homes. The construction crew had just built over the natural passage way so it was just a matter of opening it up,  reinforcing it and covering the exit points, which began under the desk in the library and ended near the river where 'coincidently' Tyler lived.

Kate her assistant, moved in also and stayed in the guest house overlooking the out door pool. A live in housekeeper was hired along with a butler who both stayed in the servant quarters. A gardener and two maids also made up the household but they lived off site.

Noah was skeptical over the living it up thing as he called it but when Eva pointed out the house was large enough that they didn't need to share a bedroom, he ceased his complaints. Their master bedroom could fit his entire apartment. There were his and hers walk-in closets and in the bathroom there was a sunken tub large enough to swim in. As far as Noah was concerned he was now living in a palace.

Eva of course fit right in. It seemed she was slumming before and was now finally able to live as she wanted. She moved about like a queen, directing the staff, planning menus and even making changes to Noah's wardrobe. Not that Noah noticed, that is until Cooper pointed it out at work one day.

"Wow, I think this one is my favorite." Cooper commented watching Noah's clothes as they walked to coffee shop.

"This?" Noah gestured to his suit "I had this at least two years."

"No you haven't. This is new." Cooper corrected.

"It probably just looks that way." Noah guessed. "We have a housekeeper, maybe she did something different."

"Hold up." Cooper stopped him. "You bought this right?" When Noah nodded he continued "Take off the jacket." After Noah had done so, Cooper examined it "See," Cooper told him "just as I thought, no generic tag, its custom made."

Noah couldn't believe what he was seeing. How could he miss it? Then he remembered he never really cared what he put on. He thought the new soft feel was the detergent or something.

"That's not the only one." Cooper added. "The last four months you've been coming in suits like that."

"Four months!" Noah yelled. "The woman's been dressing me for four months and you tell me now!"

"I thought you knew!"

"Oh fuck!" Noah groaned "I am Ken in the dream house."

"What are you complaining about. Ken had it good." Cooper smirked. "Barbie worked her ass off and Ken got to drive her convertible and lounge by the pool with all her hot doll friends." Cooper ended laughing.

"At least I don't look the part." Noah shot back.

"Fuck you."

Noah felt a whole lot better after that.

Back at home, he was standing in his closet, going over ever piece of clothing he owned. Noah discovered the only thing that was the same was his hockey, football gear and underwear.