Chapter Fifty-Four -- Little Secret

I pulled up at the three story, a little impressed. This house was nicer than I thought. I parked my red Camaro behind the all black Corvette. A car I hadn't seen in a long time.

I exhaled before turning around and looking at Erik in his car seat. He was sleeping again. Well, they say a car ride will make a baby fall asleep at a drop of a hat-- now I see its true.

I got out of the car, went around to get Erik, and locked the doors with my little remote on my keys.

My heart was beating loud, telling me I shouldn't be here. My brain was thumping, telling me its okay, you're only going to talk. I felt like I had the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. I stepped up on the porch and rung the doorbell. Security cameras was in every corner. I looked around me, feeling naked all of a sudden.

My eyes pierced the door as it began to opened slowly, my heart and brain still not letting up. Our eyes met like two old lovers reunited. Even after all that happened, I can tell he still loves me. I think that's what drawn me to him.

"Trevon...." My voice faded before I could say another word. He wasn't as masculine as before, but his handsome features was still there-- so is his dreads.

"Kaila, what are you doing here?" he said, cutting straight to the case. His voice was gentle, the way I remembered it.

He opened the door wider to let me in. The house nice on the inside, as I expected. The furniture was so carfully picked, at looked as if Martha Stewart her self did it. I hope he doesn't have a woman. I felt myself getting a little jealous, but I quickly pushed it back. He's not my man.

"I'm here to talk, as I said on the phone," I told him.

Trevon shut and locked the door before coming over and sitting next to me and Erik on the plush couch. I couldn't help but notice the slight limp in his once confident walk.

"Talk about what, exactly? I thought I'll never see you again."

I sighed. "I know, and--"

"Is that his baby?" he cut me off. I looked down at Erik who had his little fingers in a tight fist while he slept peacefully.

I nodded. "Yeah, his name's Erik."

Trevon looked at me with confusion etched on his handsome face. "Why you didn't name him after his father?"

I shrugged. "That's not what he wanted."

He nodded in understanding. "So again, what did you want to talk about?"

I turned towards him. "I wanted to tell you I was sorry--"

"Sorry? Sorry for what? You didn't do anything wrong." He cut me off again. "Without you, I wouldn't even be here today. I'm forever in your debt."

I smiled a little and grabbed his hand with my free hand.

You see, after Ethic shot Trevon we all thought he was dead. But that was his act. When Ethic and my dad left, his chest started to breath. It wasn't much, but it was enough to let me know he was still alive and that was all I needed to get him to a hospital. My father and Ethic never knew.

"Trevon, I couldn't live with myself if I would've let you die on that floor," I told him honestly.

He smiled and kissed the top of my hand. "That's why I'm so in love with you" I felt all of the blood rush to my face as soon as those words left his mouth. "And don't tell me you don't have some kind of feelings for me," he added.

I let go of his hand. "I don't."

"Then why are you here?" he said calmly. He knew he got me. I sighed and looked away. "You're still as beautiful as the day I seen you at that corner store"

This made me smile. I remember that day like it happened yesterday.

"Remember I told you your man's slipping?"

"He gon' fuck around and let me take his girl," we both said. We laughed together.

"It was true, ma"--he said seriously--"You know he supposed to be a dead man right now. But I'm letting him live for that baby boy right there. What's stopping you from being where you wanna be?" I looked away from Trevon's eyes, unable to answer him. This seemed to make him frustrated. "What? Is it money? You and I both know I can give you more than he can. If you was mine, you'll be my wife right now, fuck waiting."

My attention shot back over to him.

What's keeping me back? Here's a man that loved me since day one, was I willing to give up everything for him? Including my Father.

Trevon lips started to get closer to mine slowly. My heart beat increased again as his lips met mine. I slipped my tongue into his mouth as we soon began to move in sync.

If you let me, here's what I'll do, I'll take care of you...

Damn, the perfect song for him. I felt my hip vibrating until I realised it was my phone that was ringing, not my mind playing his theme song.

I stopped the kiss and exhaled before pulling out my phone. "It's Ethic," I said out loud even though I already knew by his ring tone. What the hell am I doing? Trevon sighed and stood up to leave, giving me privacy.

"Hello?" I answered.

"You say you couldn't wait to come home, but as soon as I leave, you leave? What's up with that? Where you at?" His tone was calm, but a little demanding.

I sighed. "I needed to get out. I'm on my way home."

Ethic hung up the phone without a goodbye. Yeah, he's pissed. I stood up with Erik still in my arms.

"Trevon!" I called out. A few seconds later he came out from the back of the house.

"What's up, ma?"

"I gotta go, I'll call you when I have the chance."

He nodded and walked over to me, planting a kiss on my lips again. "I love you Kaila," he said sincerely.

I turned to leave. "I love you too, and that's the scary part."