Chapter Ten -- Warning

"What are you talkin' about?" I asked dumbly. Shit, I can't tell him where I really was.

Mr. Reed stood up and came closer to me. My heart began thumping in my chest.

Think Kaila, think.

"I'ma ask yo' ass one more time."

His voice was deeper than usual. He's never cursed at me. Never.

He knows I don't have any friends other than Ethic and I got a feeling if I told him I was over his house, he'll get more heated.

"I'm sorry Mr--"

SMACK!

I grabbed the right side of my face in shock. My face burned instantly from the slap I've just received.

He pointed his finger in my face.

"If I ever--"

Before I knew it, I pushed Mr. Reed with all my strength on to the bed. He fell on his back, with a shocked expression plastered on his face. I ran over to him and bitched slapped him two times with the same hand.

"Don't you ever put your hands on me again, Mr. Reed," I told him calmly.

I backed away from the bed while he struggled to get up. If he wants to fight, I'm all for it. I promised myself, no one will ever hurt me again, and I don't intend to break it on this motherfucker.

"Bitch!" He lounged at me.

I swiftly moved before he got to me, making him run into the wall instead. Before I could turn around, he yanked me by my hair and started to punch me in the face over and over again. I reached up between his blows and scratched him in his face, drawing blood. But he still wouldn't let go.

"Stop it!" I screamed.

I felt my body getting weak by the minute. No matter how much I tried to bite and scratch him he kept going.

How could he? The person I trusted with my life is beating me like I stole something.

"Stop, Mr. Reed! For your own good!" I warned.

He paused. "For my own good? Bitch you must've lost your rabbit ass mind!"

He pulled my head back harder and continued to hit me in the face. My face now felt numb from the punches. I quickly reached into my boy shorts inside my jeans and got the gun out Ethic gave me.

Well, at least I warned him.

The two shots rung out in my head as Mr. Reed slumped to the floor on the side of me. I jumped up from the floor and paced the room.

"Motherfucker!" I screamed out in frustration.

I kicked his lifeless body. "Look what the fuck yo' stupid ass made me do!"

I kicked him again.

"I told you to stop!"

I began pacing the floor while trying to wrap my head around this.

I shot Mr. Reed in the neck two times, blood was everywhere. I have to get out of here. I quickly grabbed my Nike duffel bag and started throwing clothes and shoes in the bag. I kicked Mr. Reed again, for a final goodbye, tucked the gun back in my shorts, and left the house.

I walked back to Ethic's house instead of running like earlier. I have no idea what time it was, but judging by all of the feens walking the street, it had to be late.

"Kaila?" I heard someone call out my name.

I turned around, but all I saw was crackheads and a old man. I didn't know neither, so I turned back around and kept walking. I'm just paranoid and hearing shit.

"Kaila!"

I turned around again.

"What!" I answered, thinking I really heard my name this time.. The crackheads didn't even hear me.

"Over here!" the old man yelled out to me.

So, I wasn't hearing things.

I walked over to him, pulling my duffel bag closer to my body.

"Who are you and how in the hell

do you know my name?" I asked, cutting straight to the case. He smelled so bad, I put my hand over my nose instantly.

"I'm Mr. Elroy. You're Kai and Diamond's only daughter."