Chapter Thirty -- Say It Ain't So

I went to sleep with a smile on my face but woke up with the exact opposite.

My body was covered in sweat and my stomach was killing me. I kicked the covers from off of my body to cool off, but even that wasn't working.

The only thing that could be heard in my room was the flat screen TV that mounted the wall.

I sat up straight, suddenly feeling like I had to vomit. I rubbed my stomach to try to soothe the pains, but even that didn't work.

Seconds later, I jumped up quickly and ran to the bathroom that was inside my room. Sticking my head in the toilet, the chips and the little that I've eaten before that, came rushing out of me.

I stood up, only to have the urge of doing it again come back to me. I bent down at the toilet and dry hurled loudly.

I felt horrible.

I rarely get sick, so I wasn't used to my body doing this.

What's wrong with me?

I leaned my back against the bathtub and thought about what I've eaten and done in the past days.

Then it hit me.

Me and Ethic didn't use condoms. I didn't even think about protection. I waved my hand in the air.

"Nahh, couldn't be," I told myself. "I'm not pregnant."

I got up from the floor slowly and went back to my bed hoping the pain I was feeling would leave.

"I am not pregnant," I whispered before closing my eyes.

*****

"Kailaaa," Octavia said while knocking on my room door.

I heard her, I just couldn't seem to call back out to her.

I got out of bed, while she continued to knock. I went over slowly and opened the door.

"Hey, I made breakfast, you can...Kaila, are you okay, sweetie?"

"Yes, I'm fine," I lied.

She starred at me like she could see straight through me. I knew she didn't believe me, but she let it go anyway.

"Well come down and eat something, alright?"

I nodded my head and smiled weakly. "Okay, I'll be down after I've taken a shower."

She smiled and walked away. I closed the door and exhaled.

Just the thought of food made me want to vomit again.

I walked over to my closet and looked through the new clothes.

After I took a shower, I dressed. Luckily, the shower made me feel a thousand times better.

What I had on was a far cry from the big jeans, long shirts, and sneakers I used to wear almost everyday. Maybe it was time for a change.

I went downstairs carefully until I got used to walking in heels. My dad and Octavia was sitting at the huge dinning room table eating breakfast, but stopped when they saw me.

"My baby girl's growing up," Daddy beamed proudly.

Octavia complemented my offit and got up to give me my plate. I thanked her, even though I wasn't plan on eating it.

"Don't grow up too fast though," she said while sitting back down.

I put on a fake smile and asked Daddy if it was okay if I went out today.