Chapter Six -- Unexpected Meet Up

Mr.Reed looked surprised about my answer.

"Are you sure?" he asked me with one of his thick eyebrows raised.

I nodded my head. "Positive."

"Alright, let's get going then. I'll be in the car."

I nodded my head again while I watched him walk away.

I stood up and looked at myself in the full length mirror on my closet door.

My light blue jeans was baggy with holes in the knees. Not the skinny leg jeans most girls wear these days.

My shirt, long and red, stopping right above my knees with the popular, college football team, Alabama, written across it.

I wore the all white Adidas Mr.Reed was so kind to buy me for my birthday with my long, light brown locks swept back in a neat pony tail.

I tucked my necklace inside of my shirt so that it was on my bare chest; closer to my heart.

I then cut the light off in my room before walking out to the car with Mr. Reed.

****

I kept my eyes on the white line on the side of the street as we sped down the empty road.

Mr. Reed never really said much to me, and vice versa.

It's been years and they still haven't found the people that killed my grandparents.

I was told it was a man that goes by the name Bone that killed my parents, but he's already dead. His name sounds so familiar and everyday I try to think of where I've heard that name, but I always come up with a blank page.

"We're here," Mr. Reed suddenly announced.

I looked up from the ground and up at a tall sign with huge white letters and a farm house as its background.

Jason's Animals.

We parked next to a white BMW that looked so out of place at a dirty farmhouse, but it was nice. For some reason, I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. No matter how hard I tried to focas on something else, my eyes kept snapping back to the car.

I ignoring my unusual behavior and got out of the old Thunder Bird after Mr. Reed before following him inside of the big, fake, farmer's house.

Before entering the glass doors, I couldn't help turning around to look at the BMW again.

Something in me wasn't sitting right.

"Hey there, Timothy," a man in a dirty, jean, jumpsuit greeted Mr. Reed. They must've been close, a lot of people don't call him by his first name.

"Hi, Jason. I need you to get me the best white horse you got in this place for my niece, Kaila, here."

My head snapped over quickly to Mr. Reed. Niece?

"Oh, this is the pretty young lady you've been telling me about," the man said, chewing on a tooth pick. He smiled, showing his three missing teeth in the front.

"Nice to meet you," I greeted him without reaching my hand out.

"Ump! Ump! Ump! These young gals gone be the death of a old man like me one day."

I looked over at Mr. Reed who was shaking his head at his old friend.

"Come with me, and let's go see those horses," he said while turning around, expecting us to follow.

We began walking down the aisle, passing stinking animals. They looked so sad, I kinda wished I could take all of them away from here and let them run free. I bet that'll be the death of Jason instead of a young girl. Fuckin' pervert.

Soon we walked up to the horses,and let me tell you, these horses didn't have nothing on Princess Sally.

These horses looked like they were feed maybe four times a week.

There was a man who looked like he could be in his late twenties talking to another 'farmer' that had the same jumpsuit on as Jason.

The man was draped in diamonds and his fresh Jordan's didn't have a spec of dirt on them. His hair cut moved in thousands of waves on his head, and he had the prettiest teeth I've ever seen. I bet he was the one in the BMW outside.

The girl he had his arm around was fresh too, she wasn't that pretty, but she had a body I could only wish for.

"I want that brown horse, Daddy," the girl purred in his ear. I watched as she began to nibble on the man's neck in front of everyone. He smirked, reached down, and slapped her ass.

"Let me get that brown horse," he said with a grin. As soon as he spoke, my mind went into over drive.

It's him.