Chapter Thirty-Three -- A True Gentlemen

Chapter Thirty-Three -- A True Gentleman

After the conversation with my daddy. I went to the room him and Octavia shared. I found her sitting in the middle of the bed reading a book.

As soon as I stepped into the room her head popped up. "How'd it go?"

I shrugged and sat down on the side of the bed. "He took it better than I thought he would. Probably 'cause he's higher than a kite," I said seriously.

Octavia laughed and said, "You caught him at a good-ass time then."

I smiled and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Do you wanna do something tomorrow before we go see you-know-who?" she asked me.

I shook my head and stood up, "Nah, I think I'ma chill all day tomorrow."

She shrugged and picked her book back up. "Alright."

I left the room and went down the hall to mine. After taking a long shower, I went straight to bed thinking about the day after tomorrow.

*****

Going up to Ethic's door had my nerves shot. Things was the same and I noticed his car was in the driveway next to his mom's.

I looked back at Octavia before knocking on the door. She gave me two thumbs up, the same way she did at the doctor's office.

I exhaled and knocked on the door. A few seconds later, Ethic opened the door. He looked muscular than before and had grew his hair out, but he still looked good. His face was twisted with hate, he didn't even look surprised to see me.

"Fuck you want?" he said, anger filling his voice.

"I-I'm--"

"Damn, didn't I tell you to leave me alone?" he yelled while getting ready to shut the door.

I pushed it back open with both hands. "Ethic, wait. I'm pregnant!"

He stopped closing the door and starred at me. "Bitch, it ain't mine."

He slammed the door in my face, leaving me there. I got on my knees and cried like a new born baby before everything around me turned black.

I woke up, breathing hard, drenched in my own sweat. I layed my hand over my chest while trying to catch my breath. I looked over at the wall clock trying to read the time.

6:23 AM.

Suddenly the urge to vomit came into my throat, making me jump up and run to the bathroom.

I released everything I had in me, making my body feel like I've been hit everywhere. Finally, after I was done, I stood up, slowly and went to the mirror above the sink. My hair was all over my head, my eyes had huge dark bags under them, and it was obvious that I've lost weight, instead of gained. I sighed and brushed my teeth.

Thank God, it was just a dream.

I left the bathroom and put on a fitted pair of shorts and a T-shirt. My stomach was still flat, so that's a good thing. I brushed my hair into a ponytail and slipped on a pair of sandals. Suddenly the phone on my bed side table began to ring.

I went over and answered it on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Good morning ma, did I wake you up?" It was Trevon. His voice was deep and soothing, making my heart beat increase.

I smiled and sat on the edge of the bed. "No, actually, I've been up for a minute now."

"Okay, okay. So how you doing?"