Chapter Thirty- Four -- Spilling the Beans

Chapter Thirty-Four -- Spilling the Beans

I woke up the next morning with my nerves on edge. I'm finally leaving to talk to Ethic. I stayed up half of the night asking myself questions I didn't know the answer to. I hope reality is nothing like my dream.

I walked downstairs to find Octavia drinking coffee from a to-go coffee cup. She was dressed to impress as always.

"Ready to go, baby doll?"

I nodded my head and shrugged. "Guess so."

She smiled sadly and rubbed my back softly while we walked out of the door.

It was very foggy, making it look gloomy outside. It was so early the moon could still be seen in the sky. The ride to the jet wasn't too far so when we got there we wasted no time getting in. Octavia went to talk to the pilot while I sat in the same seat I've come to New York in.

"My dad was okay with this?" I asked her as she came back to sit across from me.

"He left last night on 'business', but I did tell him we was leaving in the jet," she paused and shrugged, "He was cool with it. He made the arrangements and everything."

I nodded my head and reclined in the white furry seats, before I knew it, I was dreaming.

*****

"Kaila, wake up, we're here."

I opened my eyes to find Octavia standing above me. I sat up, stretched, and yawned.

"Somebody slept good," she said while getting off the jet.

I followed her to the car waiting on us to get in. "I'll drive," I told her, "since I know where he lives."

She shrugged and said, "Alright."

We both got in and I started the car. I was so nervous, my hands started to shake.

"Uhh, you sure you want to drive." Octavia was looking at my with her arched eyebrows raised.

I looked away and pulled away from the jet. "Yeah, I'm good," I told her before blasting the radio to avoid any conversations.

I needed to think of something to say when I first layed eyes on him.

*****

Pulling up to Ethic's house felt unreal. When I left, I didn't think I'll be seeing this house again. Not so soon, anyway. His car was in the driveway, but his mom's wasn't. She was probably at work now. I exhaled and cut off the car.

"Don't worry, alright? If you need me, I'll be here. Take your time. I'll probably be sleeping anyway."

I smiled and leaned over to hug Octavia. "Thank you for bringing me here".

She squeezed me and said, "No problem, sweetie. Now go get your man and don't forget our promise."

I smiled and opened the door. "I'll try not to."

I walked up to Ethic's front door, my stilettos heels clicking on the pavement to each step. I felt like I wasn't here, like I was watching myself in a movie.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion as I finally made it to his door. I looked back at Octavia, and she gave me two thumbs up, like she did in my dream.

Oh no.

I turned back around and as soon as I was about to knock, the door opened and Ethic was about to walk out until he saw me. My heart seemed to skip a beat as we starred at each other, no words spoken. He looked better than last time and seemed to gain a little more build. His hair was still cut low with a fade.