Chapter 6

I leaned up agasint my car door, waiting for August to pull up any second. He was suppose to be taking me to my appointment today, and he was already five minutes late picking me up. I took a deep breath and looked down at my phone, checking for any missed calls. I quickly dialed his number and placed the phone to my ear. Just as it began to ring, Augusts' car pulled up infront of me. I sighed and dropped my phone in my purse. I swung open the car door and got inside. "Your late." I mumbled. "I know ma, my bad, I got caught up with Ariana back at the house, but im here." I buckled my seat belt and sighed. "Just drive before we miss the appointment." August sighed and pulled out into the street.

"So what, is this like a check up or something?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the road. "Yeah, something like that." He nodded. "So is it gunna take long, or...?" I frowned. "Im sorry, is there somewhere else you need to be?? Your the one that volunteered to take me." August frowned and glanced over at me. "You good? Pregnancy makin yo ass bitchy." I scoffed. "So Im a bitch now??" August sighed. "I ain't say that." I shook my head. "Yeah you did, but whatever it's cool." I turned my head and looked out the window for the rest of the ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ms.Smith." I got up from my seat and so did August. We walked into the back and entered the examination room. I sat up on the table and waited for Doctor Frayer to come inside. I glanced over at August, who was staring at all the different medical posters on the wall. "Are you okay?" He looked over at me and nodded. "Y-yeah, Im good, it's my first time being in one of these." I nodded and leaned back on the wall. "So this what you fena look like in 7 months???" He asked pointing to a picture of a pregnant woman. "...Yeah, pretty much." "Damn.." He mumbled.

"Good afternoon." I looked over to see Doctor Frayer entering the room. "Hey Doc." I said with a smile. "Good to see you." He smiled at me before looking over at August. "Doctor Frayer." He extended his hand out for August to shake. August cleared his throat and shook his hand. "So is this a friend of your Ms.Smith?" I sighed. "He's a friend yes...and the possible father.." Doctor Frayer nodded. "Ah, right, I almost forgot about that situation." He grabbed a pair of gloves and slid them on. "Let's take a look, shall we?" I nodded and laid back on the table.

I glanced over at August, who was watching everything closely, like he was trying to take everything in. I lifted up my shirt and took a deep breath. I felt the cold gel on my stomach, and then the scope he always used. "Are you excited to find out the sex of your baby next month?" I nodded. "Very." I looked back over at August, to see his eyes glued to the monitor. "Is that the baby right there?" He asked pointing to the screen. "It sure is." Doctor Frayer said in a chuckle. "Would you like some pictures?" He asked. August nodded. "Yeah.....I would." Doctor Frayer nodded and began starting the sonogram pictures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared out the window on the ride back to my condo, bopping my head along to the music that was playing lowly. "You got the pictures right?" August asked looking over at me. "Yeah, they're in my purse." He nodded and continued to drive. "...Did you enjoy your first appointment? He nodded again. "Yeah it got me thinkin though." I frowned. "Thinking about what?" "Us." He said, keeping his eyes on the road. "Excuse me?" August chuckled. "Nah, not like that, I meant our relationship." My frown deepened. "Ight how about I just explain what I mean." I nodded. "That would be great."

"I know we been through our shit and whatever, but now that your pregnant, I think it's time to put all that behind us." I nodded and motioned for him to continue. "This could possibly be my child, and I wanna have a better relatiionship with you than I have now." I nodded slowly. "Okay, so what are you saying?" He pulled into my parking garage and parked. "Im sayin, I want us to drop all the bullshit and start over...as friends." I thought about it for a second before nodding. "Alright, fine...so we both have a clean slate?" "Yeah, no more arguing and being rude, for the sake of the baby, we need to be cool." I undid my seatbelt and opened my door. "Alright, we can do that, I can't make a promise about being rude though, pregnancy makes me have my moments." He chuckled. "Ight, I'll take that." I smirked. "Im sure Trey will be happy about this." August paused for a second. "Speaking of him." He started.

"Wassup with y'all? Y'all still mess around or..." I shook my head. "No...uh, after I came clean to him about everything, we broke up, and he made it very clear to me that us being in a relationship will never happen, but our friendship is good." He nodded slowly. "..That's good." I nodded. "....So....have you told Ariana yet?" August sighed. "Nah, I haven't, but don't worry ight? I will soon...Im just trying to wait until the right moment." I frowned. "I don't really think there's a right moment to tell her that."

"It's not, but now's not the time." I sighed and nodded. "Alright if you say so sir." I stepped out the car and gently closed the door behind me. "You better get home before your girl starts to worry." August smirked. "Ight, call me if you need me." I nodded. "Yeah." I got out the car and slammed the door shut. "Oh wait!" I turned around and knocked on the window. I reached in my purse and waited for August to roll the window down. "Wassup?" I grabbed the envelope and handed it to him. "You almost forgot your pictures." He smirked and took them from me. "Thanks ma." He rolled up his window and drove off.

I turned on my heels and made my way up to my condo. I didn't know how long this whole "starting over" thing with August was going to last, but it was worth a shot, for the sake of my baby.

I walked inside and kicked my shoes off at the front door. I made my way over to the couch and sat down. Just as I was about to get comfortable, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I wiggled it out and and glanced at the screen. My heart started beating out of my chest when I seen Rochelle from social services calling me back. I answered it frantically and quickly placed it to my ear.

ME: "Hello?"

ROCHELLE: "Hi, it's Rochelle from Social Servies calling, is this Ms.Smith speaking?"
ME: "Yes."

ROCHELLE: "Great. I was calling with a update on your Mother, Lillian Smith."

I tapped my finger on the arm of the couch, waiting for her to continue.

ROCHELLE: "We found five women with your mother's name in five different states. How old did you say your mother should be?"

ME: "She should be 45 now."

ROCHELLE: "Alright, that should help narrow down the search. I'll call you back once I havemore information."

I frowned.

ME: "Wait, that's it? That's all the news you have for me? What about my sister? Have you found anything else on her??"

ROCHELLE: "No ma'am. As of right now, I don't have a update on your sister yet, we still have our people tracking down those two girls in Atlanta."

I sighed.

ME: "Alright, well thank you so much for calling."

ROCHELLE: "No problem."

I hung up the phone and laid back down on the couch. When I opened up the case, I knew it would probably take a long time to actually find my family, if they could, but now im to the point where Im tired of waiting, Im ready to see my family again.

AUGUST P.O.V.

I walked inside my house and tried to make it back to the bedroom as quickly as possible. The last thing I needed was Ariana finding these pictures I got today. "Babe, you home??" I heard Ariana yell from the kictchen. "Shit." I mumbled. . "Yeah, Im in the bedroom!" I yelled back. I quickly slid the folder under the bed, once I heard her footsteps approaching. I took a deep breath and sat on the edge of the bed, waiting for her. "Hey, I didn't hear you come in." She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. "Yeah...I didn't know you was still here."

"I left after you did, but I came back to make you some lunch." "Word? What you make me ma?" I placed my hands on her waist and smiled. "Lasagna." I nodded. "Good, that's what I wanted." I moved her over to the side and got up from the bed. I walked over to the door frame and stopped. "You coming?" She nodded. "Yeah, Im coming." She turned and looked back at the bed before following me out the room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Expect more POV's in this book, I know y'all tired of just reading Simone's POV .

Simone in the Multimedia, looking pretty as alwayss .

Vote/Comment!!