The Girl Who Lived...Through Draco Malfoy - Chapter 36

"What is going on here?" Delia asked, eyeing Draco and I. Draco held out a box and I took it. I opened it and inside was the diadem. Delia looked even more confused. 

"Thank you," I said, smiling at Draco.

"I really don't understand what's going on here," Delia said, shaking her head.

"You know he's coming" Draco warned; I nodded. "It's going to be a war."

"Then we'll fight," I said removing the diadem from its box.

"And I'll fight by your side," he added. The door opened and Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked in. They pulled out their wands, Draco doing the same.

"What are you doing here Malfoy?" Ron asked.

"He helped us find the diadem," I interjected. Before anyone could say anything else, the doors opened again and Crabbe and Goyle ran in. They paused, taking in the scene then pointing their wands at Harry. They stood next to Draco who took a step back. "Everyone stop!" I shouted, but it was too late. 

Goyle cast a death curse at Hermione who blocked it. Ron yelled out in anger, chasing Goyle through the maze of junk. There was another yell and Ron ran back yelling, "Goyle set the place on fire!"

A wall of fire came barreling towards us. We all ran, the fire licking at our heels. We were running out of room to run as the fire grew bigger and bigger, the piles of junk perfect kindling.

"Climb!" Harry shouted. We all grabbed onto the pile beside us, climbing as fast as we could. The fire filled the space below where we had stood and began growing higher.

I reached up and grabbed onto a chair, but it dislodged from the pile and I fell backwards. I could feel the heat of the fire and I knew I would be dead in seconds. Something caught my hand, keeping me from the blaze.

Draco looked down at me and I couldn't help but smile back up at him. Something caught my eye in the pile of junk: broomsticks. I grabbed one, handing it to Draco.

"Harry!" I shouted, grabbing another and tossing it to him. There was only one broom left and I tossed it to Ron. Hermione climbed on the back of Ron's broom and Harry helped Crabbe onto his. Goyle had been lost in the fire so that only left Draco and I to share.

We flew above the fire, the entire room filled with black smoke. We stopped just outside the door, Harry holding out the cup. I took it, putting it on the ground beside the diadem and pulling the sword from my purse. I raised it over my head, bringing it down on the two items.

A cloud of black smoke burst from the Horcruxes, knocking me to the ground. Voldemort's face formed in the smoke, a loud scream echoing through the hall. Ron ran up, kicking the items into the fire, Voldemort's face now formed in the flames. It came closer and closer until the doors slammed shut.

Harry was sitting against the wall, the look on his face pained.

"It's the snake," he said finally. "The snake is the last Horcrux." I stood up, turning to Draco who looked confused.

"Find where he is, Harry," Ron said, kneeling beside Harry. Harry closed his eyes, his face looking strained again.

"I know where he is," he said finally, opening his eyes again.

"You guys go and take this," I said, handing Hermione the sword. "I'm staying here to help fight."

I could see Harry wanted to object, but what other option was there? Go find Voldemort and kill his snake or stay and fight Voldemort's army. Either way was a risk. His eyes moved from me to Draco who was standing at my side. I grabbed his hand, lacing my fingers with his. The message was clear and Harry, Ron, and Hermione left quickly.