The Girl Who Lived...Through Draco Malfoy - Chapter 19

“Do you take this man until death do you part?” I looked at Cedric, his eyes bright and a sweet smile on his face. There were hundreds of people watching us, Cedric in a black and I in a beautiful white wedding dress. There were pink and white flowers growing around an arch that we were standing under and arrangements of flowers along the aisle. White rose pedals were scattered in the aisle leading up to the altar.

“I do.” His face dropped and a flash of red filled the room. Everyone was gone and the room was black, the flowers dead and Cedric laying on the ground. His eyes were open and fixed and his skin was white.

“Now you die.” Something hissed in my ear. I pulled my wand, turning around, but no one was there. I turned back to Cedric, but he was gone and Harry was kneeling on the ground in front of a tombstone.

“Harry.” I whispered. He turned around quickly, his eyes like a snakes with pupils like slits.

“Now you die.” He hissed in the voice I’d heard before and stood up. He drew his wand, speaking in some language that sounded like a snake hissing. Mud bloods must die. I stepped back, taking out my wand, but before I could do anything there was another flash of red and everything went dark.

I bolted upright in bed, dripping with sweat. I looked around, remembering I was in the hospital wing. I looked over at Harry’s bed, but he was gone. I sighed, laying back down. My heartbeat began to return to normal and the memory of the dream started to fade. Then, it hit me: Cedric was dead. He was gone forever. There was no future with him, no meeting his family, and no more sitting with him by the lake, talking until the sun went down.

Tears stung my eyes, but I fought them back. I was done crying and now it was time to figure out how to stop Voldemort from killing again. I knew I couldn’t do it alone and I knew I could count on Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Delia. What we could do I had no idea, but I had it decided we had to do something.

The next day was the day to leave for summer. I packed my trunk in silence, but I could feel Delia’s want to say something. We sat on the train, waiting for everyone to pile on as Harry, Ron, and Hermione joined us in our car. I stared out the window, my heart still aching and tears threatening to fall.

“I need to tell you guys something.” Harry whispered, looking around for prying ears. I turned to him, leaning in. “When we were in the graveyard Voldemort called his death eaters.” My heart began to race. Thinking about what had happened made the tears sting my eyes. “I know for sure that Lucius Malfoy is a death eater and I’m pretty sure Snape is, too.” Lucius? Draco’s dad? If he was a death eater, did that mean Draco was, too? My stomach churned and I felt the contents coming up.

“So?” Delia asked.

“So, this means he has followers; people that stayed with him even when he was thought to be dead, which means there are more out there.” Hermione said.  We were silent, but we all knew it was true. As we made our ways home, he was gathering followers and growing stronger.