The Girl Who Lived...Through Draco Malfoy - Chapter 6

My first class was Charms which I rather liked. Any class was better than Potions and this year I had potions alone and with Slytherin.
Not only would I have to deal with Snape, but now there'd be at least 15 Slytherins staring daggers at me and my fellow Gryfindors.

"Good luck in Potions." Delia said sincerely.
"Thanks, I'm gonna need it." I sighed, heading down to the dungeons.
I'd waited until the last minute to go to class, not wanting to be in there any longer than I needed. I walked in and paused. The Slytherins were sitting to the right and the Gryfindors to the left, a noticeable walkway between the two. The only seat left was in the back in the aisle across from Malfoy.
Malfoy?! I sat down as Snape entered the room. I stared straight ahead, avoiding Malfoy's gaze.
"Chapter seven, now." he ordered and everyone complied. I opened my book and stared down at the page as Snape read aloud. As Snape read in his monotone voice, Malfoy and his goons couldn't help themselves but to be idiots. They charmed a piece of paper which folded itself into the shape of a bird and began flying around the room, swooping down around the heads of the Gryfindors.
I glared at Malfoy who laughed as the bird hit a dark haired girl on the back of the head.
"Ow!" she yelled.
"Ms. Terintell, five points from Gryfindor." Snape hissed then began reading again.
"Stop it Malfoy." I hissed at him. He looked at me, his wand falling and the bird with it.

When class ended, I packed up my things and walked back towards the common room. I had an hour for lunch and Delia had the next period for lunch so I was on my own. I dropped off my bag and walked down the hall towards the Great Hall to see if any of the food looked appetizing.
"Look boys, a mud blood got lost on her way." my eye twitched as Malfoy and his henchmen stopped me.
"Please move." I asked, my fists clenched at my side.
"Oh the muggles taught her how to talk." they laughed harder. I turned to see a few other students stopping to watch him insult me, the Slytherins snickering amongst themselves.
"I'm not going to ask again, please move." I said through gritted teeth.
"I don't think I like your tone. Ask nicely." he smirked, stepping forward.
I heard a sickening pop and the next thing I knew Malfoy was on the ground and my fist was throbbing.
"You broke my nose!" he shouted as blood poured down his face.
"Next time you'll know to move." I smirked down at him.
"What is going on here?" Snape asked, bursting through the crowd of people. He grabbed my arm and scooped up Malfoy by his robes and led us away.
He led us to the dungeons and stopped in front of his classroom.
"Ms. Pierce. Fighting is strictly prohibited in Hogwarts. Twenty five points from Gryfindor." I didn't dare fight it. "Malfoy, get yourself to Madame Pomfrey so she can fix that nose." he ran off, his hands covered in blood. "And it's detention for you, Ms. Pierce. For a month."

I sat in Snape's classroom, writing standards as he graded papers or something I didn't care enough to ask.
"Professor." I looked up as Malfoy entered the room. He glared down at me, his nose back to its original pointy state.
"Good, now you can watch her while I go talk to Dumbledore." he stood up. "And Ms. Pierce, no fighting while I'm gone." he swooped out of the classroom, leaving Malfoy and I in silence. I continued my standards as he sat down at the front desk, his glare itching down my back.
"Your face will stick like that." I said finally, looking up. He looked back at me exactly the way I'd imagined, his eyes bright with anger and his brows furrowed in concentration.
"What?" he asked with a hint of shock to his voice.
"If you keep glaring at me like that, you're face will be stuck like that forever." I smiled to myself. "Oh, wait, it's too late." his eyes tightened.
"Why don't you finish up those standards? So we can both get out of here."
"Trust me, there's nothing id like more than to be as far away from you as possible."
"Then go home. Go back to the Muggle world."
"Why does it bother you so much that I was raised by Muggles? What is it hurting you?"
"It's hurting the purity of the wizarding race."
"Wow. This is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard."
"I don't have to reason myself to you."
"I really wish you would because I don't understand a thing you’re saying."
"Do they not teach you anything in those Muggle schools?"
"Do they not teach you manners in those wizarding schools?"
"You're one to talk. You broke my nose!" he stood up from the desk.
"Because you wouldn't leave me alone!" I stood up too, taking a step forward.
"I don't believe that your kind should be muddying our race." he stepped forward.
"And I think you're an idiot." I stepped forward. We were only feet apart, our fists at our sides.
"And you're an animal!" he stepped closer.
"Pig!" step.
"Mudblood!" step.
We were toe and toe, our bodies so close that if I wanted to I could feel his heartbeat. He was only a few inches taller than me, but I still had to look up at him. I glared at him, our gazes not breaking.
Suddenly his lips crashed onto mine. I grabbed onto his shirt, the impact nearly knocking me over. My heart stopped and my stomach dropped. This was my first kiss. With Draco Malfoy?!
His hand held the back of my head, his fingers tangled in my hair. My head screamed to push him away, to slap him then walk away, but I couldn't. I was stuck and I wasn't completely sure why.
Finally I pushed him away, touching my fingertips to my lips. I looked at him for a minute then ran.

I couldn't think of anything else to do. I grabbed my bag and ran out of the class, all the way to the common room.
"Why are you so out of breath?" I jumped, startled. Delia stared at me with curiosity.
"Nothing. Why?" I answered quickly, adjusting the strap of my bag.
"I'm just wondering what you were running away from." she raised an eyebrow.
"Nothing. Peeves was just throwing books out there and I had to dodge a Transfiguration dictionary just to get through the portrait." I lied, mentally patting myself on the back for thinking so fast.
"Okay, well, I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow." she walked away slowly, eyeing me up and down. she wasn't buying my story, but there was no way I was going to tell her about what happened with Malfoy.
Oh God. Malfoy had been my first kiss. Of all the people in the world it was him. How could I ever face him again?
My stomach churned. Would he tell anyone? Would he joke about it to all of the Slytherins?
My head began to pound with questions. I made my way to the dormitory, my knees shaking and my heart pounding in my chest. I laid down, staring at the ceiling. My head was racing all through the night until it was time to wake up.

"You look terrible." Delia commented at breakfast. I stared down at my eggs, poking them with my fork. I hadn't slept at all and I was exhausted.
"I feel terrible." I mumbled.
"What happened last night?" she asked. I put my fork down, looking up at her.
"I couldn't sleep. That's all." it was easy to keep my face serious. I was too tired to be nervous. She shook her head and sighed.
"I'll get the truth one of these days."
I sighed and looked around the great hall. Most of the tables were empty except the Slytherin one. Malfoy and his goons were sitting in the corner with a couple of other kids.
Oh God. What if he's telling them what happened? Suddenly he looked up and met my gaze, his grey eyes burning into mine.
I looked back down at the table.
"I'm gonna go get my bags." I stood up, walking out of the great hall.
I stopped at a bench and sat down, staring out the window. It was raining outside, the sky gray and the raindrops beating against the windows.
I felt someone sit next to me, taking my gaze off the rain outside. Malfoy looked back at me, his eyes as grey as the sky outside.
We sat in silence as students walked by, giving me strange looks.
"Come with me." he said finally, standing up. He began walking down the hall, not looking to see if I was following. I sighed and stood up, following him down the hall and around a corner.
He stopped in front of a statue, whispering something to it. The statue disappeared and a door took it's place. He opened the door and walked through; I followed.
We walked through a tunnel and out another door onto the grounds. He hurried across the grass, through the rain and into the forbidden forest. I followed, the rain soaking my hair and robes until I reached the forest, the thick trees sheltering us from the rain.
"What are we doing here?" I asked, looking into the darkness, the forest never-ending.
"It was the only place I knew we'd be alone." he replied. I looked back to him. We were alone, truly alone. No one would find us here and no one would think to look here. Chills traveled down my spine. "Cold?" he asked, stepping closer.
I nodded, folding my arms around me. He slid off his jacket and carefully walked around and placed it on my shoulders, his hands lingering on my arms.
He walked back in front of me and I held the jacket against my arms, it's warmth filling me.
"Thanks." I mumbled, uncomfortable with how nice he was being.
"I brought you out here because I wanted to apologize..." he trailed off but he didn't have to finish. He pushed back his hair, letting it fall how it pleased.
"Are you apologizing because you didn't mean to?" I spoke before thinking. I wanted desperately to grab my words from the air before he could hear them. I stared at the ground, hoping he'd just walk away and that this moment could be over.
"No." I looked up. There was a faint hint of a smile on his face. I felt my heart race and butterflies creep into my stomach. "Because I should've waited until you wanted to, too." I felt the heat rise in my cheeks. I looked down at the ground, my cheeks getting redder with every second.
Suddenly I felt his hand lift my chin, forcing me to look him in the eyes. His thumb caressed my cheek as he bent in and attached our lips. Chills ran up my spine and my knees grew weak. I wrapped my arms around his neck so I wouldn't fall. His hands held tight to my waist as the kiss grew deeper.
I pulled away, my lips still tingling.
"What's wrong?" he asked, looking down at me worriedly.
I shook my head, stepping away. "I'm just wondering if you'll tell anyone about this."
"I...I can't." he shook his head.
"That's what I thought." I half smiled to myself. "I can't be your dirty little secret. I won't tell anyone, but we can never see each other again." I walked away, back into the castle and up to my room.