The Girl Who Lived...Through Draco Malfoy - Chapter 3

I wrote a letter to the ministry, requesting my birth information and sent it off with my owl Palmiro. I sighed and stood up from the table, grabbing my bag. I turned to walk away, but instead ran into something hard and living. I put my hand out, pressing against whatever or whoever it was and looked up.

I stared into the cold gray eyes of Malfoy, his expression almost as surprised as I was. I looked down, noticing my hand was pressed against his chest and quickly removed it, staring at the ground.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there." I mumbled, adjusting my bag strap.

"Yeah well, watch where you're going next time." his voice wasn't dripping with venom as usual.

I took a step past him, rolling my eyes. "Whatever." I said, walking past him.

I walked into the common room, plopping down on one of the couches in front of the fireplace. I stared into the crackling fire, watching as embers came close to falling to the ground, but burning out before they could reach.

"Harry, I think you're mental if you-" I turned as the red haired boy and another black haired boy entered.

They looked at each other then stood in the middle of the room awkwardly.

"I'll meet you later, Ron." the black haired boy said simply, leaving the two of us alone.

"Sorry about that." he smiled shyly, looking down at the floor.

"It's fine." I replied. He sat down in a chair across from mine.

"I'm Ron by the way. Ron Weasley."

"Quendalyne Pierce, but I swear if you call me that I'll hurt you." he laughed.

"So then what should I call you?"

"Quendie." I smiled.

"So is this your first year?" he asked, sitting back in his chair.

"Yeah."

"How are you liking it so far?"

"It's fine. There's just some people that are quite annoying." he raised an eyebrow.

"Like who?"

"Draco Malfoy and his band of goons." I felt myself tense at the sound of his name.

"Well, anyone could've told you that." he laughed. "Draco's a spoiled git."

"You could say that again." we laughed together. The clock chimed three. "Shoot, I should go to bed." I said standing up. He stood up as well, walking with me to the bottom of the stairs.

"Goodnight then." he smiled.

"Night." I smiled back, retreating upstairs to the girls dormitory.

I stared at Snape who was explaining something in our books, his face annoyed and angry as usual. His words seemed to go in one ear and out the other.

I was exhausted and I couldn't focus my mind on anything except keeping my eyes open which was proving extremely difficult. "Ms. Pierce!" I turned to Snape who was glaring back at me. "If you would be so kind as to tell the class which potion you would use on someone who has been petrified?"

I sighed, trying to think of the answer, but coming up with nothing. "A un-petrifying one." I answered sarcastically. Everyone laughed and I smiled half heartily. Snape pounded a fist on his desk, silencing the class.

"Detention ms. Pierce." I sighed, laying my head down on my desk.

I will not undermine the teacher. I will not undermine the teacher.

I wrote my standards, my hand cramping more and more with each word.

"Detention again?" I looked up at Draco's smug face.

"Yep, I just can't seem to stay away." I replied sarcastically.

"Is it really so hard to just keep your mouth shut and stay out of trouble?" I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"I don't know, you tell me." I placed my quill down on my desk, folding my hands under my chin and meeting his eyes. "Is it really so hard for you not to be an annoying little bi-"

"Ms. Pierce!" Snape cut me off, his eyes shining with anger. "I expect 500 standards tonight and you are not to leave until they are completed." my mouth fell. I was only on 123 and it was 8:33.

"Are you serious?"

"Do you want to make it 600?" I shook my head and began writing, furiously scribbling every word. I heard him leave, meaning Draco and I were alone...again.

Minutes went by as I wrote sentence after sentence, Draco sitting there silently.

"Are you almost done?" he groaned around standard 312.

"No." I replied simply. I continued writing, my hand throbbing. It felt like hours before I reached 450. I sighed, rubbing my hand and looking up at the clock. 10:27. I noticed Draco wasn't sitting at the front desk. At least he wouldn't distract me any further.

I dropped my quill into my bag, placing the standards on Snape's desk and walking out of the room. I ran into something or someone, dropping my bag, my papers spilling onto the floor.

"Great." I groaned, reaching down to pick up my papers.

"Sorry about that." I looked up at Draco who looked pale and scattered. He reached down, gathering the papers together.

"Did you just apologize?" I asked bewildered. He paused, collecting the rest of the papers and standing up.

"Yeah, what of it?" he asked, regaining his icy glare.

"I just never thought you had one civilized bone in your body." I stood up, taking my papers back from him.

"I'm more civilized than you could ever be."

"Well, it was nice while it lasted." I walked away before he could say anything else.

"This is Hermione, she's a genius so don't feel bad if she says something you don't understand." Ron joked, introducing me to a girl with brown fuzzy hair. She smiled, shaking my hand and elbowing Ron.

"Don't listen to what Ronald here says. He's just a little slow." she winked an his ears turned red.

"Where's Harry?" Ron asked Hermione. She shrugged and picked up a book, reading it carefully. "She does that a lot too." he rolled his eyes and turned away, walking with me out of the common room. "What class do you have now?" he asked as we passed a group of Ravenclaws in the hall.

"Potions." I groaned, my stride getting slower. Of all the classes I had, potions was the one I did not want to go to.

"Ahh, with the snake Snape." I laughed.

"And his little pet Malfoy." I couldn't help but glare at the thought of his smug face.

"Malfoy's helping him teach his class?" he asked, looking confused.

"Mostly he's there to 'help' and to watch over people in detention." I shrugged. We reached the dungeons and the entrance to the classroom. "Well, thanks for walking me to class." I could feel myself blushing slightly.

"No problem." he smiled.

"I'll see you later?" I liked Ron. He was sweet and definitely not Draco Malfoy which was a nice change.

"Definitely." he smiled again then walked away, his ears turning a light shade of pink.

I walked into the class and my good mood fell as soon as I saw Draco sitting behind the front desk. The class was empty except for him and I could feel his icy glare on me a I took a seat in the back.

I avoided his gaze, staring down at the desk, but I could still feel his eyes staring daggers at me. I was getting annoyed. Why did he hate me so much? What did I ever do to him? I looked up, meeting his eyes and glaring back.

I saw the look of surprise flash across his face then disappear. Our little duel was broken as people began entering the classroom. I smirked to myself as Snape entered, ordering everyone to open their books.