The Girl Who Lived...Through Draco Malfoy - Chapter 2

I walked down to the dungeons with Delia, our next class being Potions. We walked into the class and my heart dropped. The blond haired boy was standing at the front of the class, his smug face looking down at us as we took some seats in the back. There was no way I wanted to be anywhere near him.

I watched as he glared at everyone who entered the room, his eyes constantly finding mine and every time his face getting even more tense. If that was even possible.

There was a low murmur of conversation as we waited for our professor. Suddenly a man dressed in all black burst into the room, and all of the class fell silent. He looked the class over, his face just as sour as the blond haired boy.

"I am professor Snape and you will refer to me as such." he hissed. "This is Draco. He is better than you and will help me throughout the year."

Draco. A creepy name for an equally creepy boy. The smug look on his face made me want to puke. He took a seat at the desk in the front facing the rest of us as Snape began speaking. I avoided his gaze and focused on Snape who didn't seem like the kind of person I would want to cross. Ever.

Processor Snape gave us a healing potion to recreate which was a lot harder than I'd thought.

"Did you put in the Rabbit liver yet?" I asked Delia who nodded.

"Ms. Pierce!" I looked up at Professor Snape. "No talking in my class."

"I was just asking her if-" I started, but he cut me off, holding up his hand.

"Do you want detention? I said no talking!" I nodded slightly, trying my hardest to hold my tongue. I looked at Draco who was smirking, obviously pleased I'd been yelled at by the teacher. I glared at him then went back to my potion. Delia giggled under her breath as she added the liver to the mixture. I smiled back at her, keeping my head down for the rest of the class.

After our first day of classes Delia and walked around the grounds together, exploring all of the different parts of the castle.

"So, what's up with you and that Draco kid?" she asked as we passed the Great Hall where a couple kids were sitting and talking.

"I honestly have no idea. He just has the worst attitude and I simply told him I didn't appreciate it." we stopped and looked at each other before bursting out laughing. It was a good minute before either of us could talk again, my eyes nearly watering.

I hadn't known Delia long, but it felt like we had been friends forever. She was so open and friendly and something in her made me feel comfortable to be myself. It felt great to have someone to talk to since I didn't know anyone.

We walked towards the common room, going down the main hall.

"Look guys, a couple of mudbloods lost their way." I heard an annoying voice come from behind us and snickering as we stopped and turned around.

"Oh, it's you." I looked him up and down, rolling my eyes.

"What's wrong mudblood? Mummy and Daddy didn't love you?" he sneered. I clenched my fists at my sides, the urge to hit him stronger than ever.

"I should ask you the same question." his glare got more intense, his eyes nearly piercing through my soul. He took a step forward, his two goons stopping him from doing anything drastic. I just smiled sweetly at him and turned back around, Delia laughing as we walked away, my back itching from Malfoy's death glare.

"You have twenty minutes to produce a successful Healing potion. Start!" I opened my book, staring at the huge list of directions then looked back up at the clock. It was impossible to complete the potion.

I tried as hard as I could, but I barely for through half of the directions before he called time. As I looked around the class, I knew no one had finished.

Snape walked around the class, yelling at everyone who didn't finish as Malfoy smirked at them from behind him. Finally he got to me and I mentally prepared myself for the lecture I was sure to get.

"Why isn't your potion done Ms. Pierce?" he sneered.

"There wasn't enough time." I said simply, trying not to cause problems.

"I gave you plenty of time, yet you still failed to complete the task." Malfoy nearly smiled, his gray eyes almost looking happy.

"There were over 50 steps. How are we supposed to finished all of that in 20 minutes?" I couldn't help myself.

"Talking back to the teacher? Detention Ms. Pierce." he hissed, turning away from me, Malfoy staying behind to smirk then turning, his nose stuck in the air.

Detention with Snape was the worst thing ever. I sat in the front, according to his directions, and had to write standards until he said I could go. I think I was on number 146 when he told Malfoy to watch me as he left to do something.

I sighed, finishing up number 147, Malfoy's smirking face staring down at me from the teacher's desk.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer." I said, writing my next line.

"Don't talk mudblood." I could hear the venom in his voice. I looked up at him, putting my quill down and meeting his glare.

"What the hell is a mudblood and why is that your favorite insult?" he looked at me like I was an alien: completely foreign.

"You can't be that daft. Next you'll tell me you don't know who Potter is." he laughed to himself.

"Who?" he stopped laughing, staring at me in disbelief.

"Did you grow up under a rock?" he asked disgusted.

"No, just in the muggle world." I stated matter of factly.

"I knew you were a mudblood." his smirk returned.

"I still don't know what that means..." I sighed, propping my head up with my elbow.

"It means you're parents are Muggles." he rolled his eyes.

"Well, I still wouldn't know that, seeing as I was adopted." I mentally scolded myself for telling him that. Now he knew way too much. Shoot.

"You know they do have records of every witch and wizard born. You can write to the ministry and request your birth information." his face looked almost normal, his eyes no longer trying to burn into my soul.

I raised an eyebrow then returned to my standards. He actually talked to me like I was a human being, not a 'mudblood', not that that was a bad thing.