Chapter 19

Chapter 19

It was after noon when I woke up the next day. It was baking hot, warm rays of sun streaming through the window. It had been hard to sleep the night before, due to the fact that Liam had said he was going to ‘try to fix it.’ Beatrice wasn’t in her bed, but I didn’t think more of it, honestly not caring.

 An idea sprung to mind, and I grabbed my phone dialing Ellie’s familiar number, and then pressing my phone to my ear. I tapped my fingers on my knee impatiently, waiting for her to pick up.

“Hello?” Ellie rasped.

A sinking feeling fell over me, I had forgotten she was ill. “You’re still ill.”

“Yup. Nice to talk to you too.” Ellie said, sarcastically.

“Oops, sorry. Uh, I was going to ask if you wanted to meet up today…” I trailed off, unsure if I should continue.

“Did you have anywhere in mind?”

“I was thinking swimming, I’ve heard there is a Lido somewhere nearby and the weather is so amazing today.”

“Oh, that sounds fun! I’m fine. When do you wanna come over?”

“El, I don’t think you’re well enough…” I said, unsure.

“I am, I am!” She said. I would have believed her, if it weren’t for the sneeze mid-sentence.

“Are you sure?” I was desperate for a refreshing swim, so if Ellie was up for it, so was I.

“Yeah, definitely.”

I smiled to myself, finally a break from all the Barbie drama. “Okay, well, I’ll be over in half an hour. Okay?”

“Sure.”

I was about to say some kind of reply, but she had already hung up. I jumped out of bed and took a quick shower. I skipped out of the bathroom wrapping a towel around me. I dried my hair, pulling it up in a messy bun and slipping on a tiny summer dress, with my pink, floral bikini underneath. I put my silver sandals on and stuffed a towel and some other essentials in my beachbag.

I left my dorm, closing the door behind me. I hurried towards Elllie’s dorm, looking forward to get my mind of a certain someone. Great, now I was thinking of him. His perfect hair. His beautiful eyes. His breathtaking smile.

I knocked on the door, trying to concentrate on the mahogany door in front of me. I failed.

“Hey!” Ellie said cheerfully, as she opened the door. I smiled, halfheartedly, still unable to get Liam out of my mind.

“Hi, El. Ready to go?”

“Yup!” She ran back into her room, and returned a second later with a beach bag, similar to mine. “Let’s go!”

I smiled and followed her. Today I was going to live my life with no regrets.

---------------------

We entered the outdoor swimming pool to the babble of happy families and squealing kids. I smiled, remembering back to when Liam and me used to go to places like this all the time. I sighed. He was stuck in my head.

Suddenly, I crashed into someone. Why did this alwayd happen to me? I thought as I fell to the ground. My head knocked painfully into someone elses. I groaned and shut my eyes. When we where finally still I opened my eyes slowly, me head pounding from the blow. I stared into a pair of chocolate brown eyes and melted instantly.

Liam.

My eyes widened and I sat up quickly, not realizing I was straddling him. “I am so, so sorry! I wasn’t looki-“