Chapter 24

Chapter 24

In my dream I was floating peacefully. Soaring in the sky. Flying high, way above the tiny Earth below me. Towns and cities, oceans and seas all merging into one. For once, I felt completely at ease, blissfully happy. Why had I ever been sad? What could possibly have made me miserable? I smiled, drifting above the world.

Suddenly, I was jolted awake, my dream fading away as quickly as I had awoken. My eyes snapped open, before I rubbed them groggily, peering around the room. I didn’t have to look far before my eyes reached something, or more like someone. Who was in my room? Iwondered, panic washing over me. Then realization settled. Liam. My eyes widened.

“Hey,” he whispered in his husky morning voice. He reached out his hand and cupped my cheek so softly, then pulled away before I could react. I was unsure if it had even happened. Maybe I was still dreaming…

“Hi,” I rasped. “Why are you here?”

“I wanted to see you…” He looked like he was having a mental debate, trying to decide on something. He groaned before leaning down towards me. Panicking slightly, I realized he was going to kiss me. I couldn’t let that happen, I was already in a huge mess. I reached up and pressed my palms up to his chest, trying to stop him. The ironic thing about the situation was I wanted to kiss his just as much as he wanted to kiss me, and if we did start, I wouldn’t want to stop.

He laughed at my feeble attempt and pushed himself down so that he was hovering over me. My breath caught in my throat, as I stared up into his beautiful eyes. My eyes flicked down at his lips; his pink, full lips. He grinned, licking his lips, before doing something unexpected;

He gave me an Eskimo kiss.

I blushed scarlet, once our noses made contact and I realized what he was doing. Luckily, my body then took over and I pushed him back. Sitting up as well, I looked down at my lap, hoping he couldn’t see the disappointment clear on my face. My lips plead for a kiss with his perfect ones. The way the curved up, lopsidedly, when he smiled. How they were always slightly chapped, but still managed to stay irresistible…

“Aw, did you want me to kiss you?” he teased, breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see his sitting cross-legged before me, a giant smirk on his face.

“W-what? No!” I stuttered, causing his grin to grow, if that was even possible.

“Sure,” he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

My face flooded with heat, and I covered it with my hands. An awkward silence settled over us. Sighing, I got up from the warm, soft bed. “Well, I have to get dressed.”

“Okay,” he replied happily, not making any move to leave. Turning to face him, I placed my hands on my hips.

“That means you have to leave, Liam,” I said as sternly as I could, turning back to my closet. What should I wear? I thought, tapping my chin with a finger.

 “Fine,” I heard him say from behind me. I imagined his lips scrunching up into a pout. I smiled at the thought.

After he had stood up, he reached for me pulling me into his warm embrace from behind. I turned in his arms, breathing in his comforting smell and snuggling closer. I felt his finger pull my face up and his eyes boring into mine. He leaned in…

Once I realized what he was doing, I pushed back, stumbling backwards. I looked up at Liam, open mouthed and wide eyed. Why did he still do this? Didn’t he understand that I couldn’t kiss him? That I loved him? He looked surprised, and something else lurked in his chocolate eyes…

Hurt. He looked hurt. How could he even dare to be hurt? He was the one with the girlfriend, and an amazing career. I was the one that should be hurt! I was the one that loved him! It wasn’t a game to me, regardless if it was to him.

“Kate-” He started, but I interrupted him.

“No Liam. You can’t keep doing this! How do you think it makes me feel?” I asked, not being able to keep it in any longer. “This isn’t a game. You’re using me, Liam!”

“But-“

“Liam,” I rubbed my face with my hands, as I sat back down on my bed. “Get out.”

“What? No-“

“Please, Liam.” I begged, my eyes stinging with tears. “Please just get out. Go away. Please.

I looked up, not expecting him to have left. “Please, Liam. Just go.” But he was gone, the door left ajar behind him. A few seconds later I heard the front door  open and then it slamming shut.

Liam was gone.

Liam’s POV

I ran. I ran away from Kate. Away from Beatrice. Away from everyone. The boys. My family. How could I have been so stupid? How could I think that she still loved me? I stopped abruptly, and sat down on a worn bench. I didn’t even know where I was, I realized as I looked around. How long had I been running?

I had been organizing this with Ellie for weeks. She would try to get Kate to go to Wolverhampton and then I would just turn up. Then we would talk, figure things out. Well, that was what was supposed to happen. I was also supposed to break up with Beatrice, but things never seem to go to plan and Beatrice was still my girlfriend. I had messed everything up, I thought as I put my head in my hands.

As I sat there, on a bench in a park I didn’t know the name of, I did the one thing I could think of. I cried.

I had never cried over a girl before. Only Kate. Beautiful Kate, who I loved so much it hurt. Amazing Kate who didn’t even love me anymore. Horrible sobs rocked through my body, tears streaming down my face. We could have had it all, but I just fucked up, yet again. What was wrong with me?

There was only one person I could talk to. I pulled out my phone and pressed speed-dial. He picked up on the first ring.

“Hello?” came his familiar voice, his Bradford accent coming through.

“Zayn, I’ve fucked everything up.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, look, an UPDATE! Haha, sorry it took so long, but I've had terrible writer's block :((

Dedicated to Little_Lady for her amazing comment. Thank you! (If you want a dedication, you know what to do!)

I ALSO WANT A NEW COVER, SO IF YOU ARE GOOD AT THEM PLEASE MAKE ME ONE. It needs to include:

- No Payne, No Gain

- Urb4nEden

- A Liam Payne FanFiction (Optional)

WINNER GETS A DEDICATION :) Send it to my email: urb4neden@gmail.com :) 

For next chapter I need: 50 Votes, 50 Comments ;) YOU CAN DO IT!

Oh yeah, do you think I should make a Facebook page? I dunno, I could give you updates/comps and stuff?

OH AND GO VOTE FOR WHAT FANFIC I SHOULD DO NEXT ON THE POLL IN THE EXTERNAL LINK. IT IS UP TO YOU! Ed is currently leading ;) ------>

The ONE SHOT COMP will be on the next chapter, sorry. The A/N is too long on this one. haha.

Hope you liked it :) Please VOTE, COMMENT, FAN.

Love y'all.

Eden xo 

PS: Imagine that crying gif of Liam is him at the end of the chapter. AW. I love himmmmm

PPS: @BradfordDj commented saying she was listening to Say Goodby by Chris Brown by reading this, so I added it on the side. Do you think it works with the chapter? :)