Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The next day, I had another day of learning. I didn’t really know what to call it… School? It wasn’t school though… Whatever.

I was going to meet Ellie outside the music room, because we were working together.

I had printed off the lyrics and notes for More Than This, ready for practice and was flicking through them and then stuffing them into my bag.

Suddenly, I crashed into someone. I had a sense on déjà vu as I fell to the ground on top of the person I knocked into. Just like Liam.

“Oh God, I’m so sorry.” I said, just like I had with Liam.

The only thing with the scenario was that it wasn’t Liam. I was a guy though.

I blushed and scrambled off him and reached out my hand to help him up. He grabbed it and pulled himself up.

“Sorry.” He said, smiling. He had a nice smile. “I’m Matthew Hudson. Call me Matt though.”

I studied his face. He was handsome, with blond, floppy hair. Well, he wasn’t as handsome as Liam though, of course he wasn’t.

“Hudson? Is Mr Hudson your dad or something?” I asked, realising that they both had the same surname.

“Or Something. I’m his brother.” He replied.

That made sense. “Oh, cool.”

He grinned. “So do you have a name?”

“Oh yeah, Kate. Kate Robinson.” I smiled, sticking out my hand.

“I know.” He smirked, shaking my hand.

“What? How?”

“I’m in your music class.”

“Oh, I didn’t realise.”

“Don’t worry about it. Want to walk to class together?”

“Yeah sure.”

“So you play guitar?” He asked, motioning towards my guitar slung over my shoulder.

“Yeah.” I didn’t mention that I sung, because I knew I would always have to show people.

He smiled. “Cool, I sing.”

I raised my eyebrows.

“Didn’t think I was the type to sing?”