Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Liam’s POV

Kate’s voice was so beautiful, it never failed to leave me breathless.

Feeling my knees go weak, I looked towards the stage, which I would be standing on in mere seconds. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves.

Why was I nervous? I had done this millions of times before, so why right then?

Because I was going to sing, alone, to Kate. Beautiful, kind, amazing Kate. Kate who had known forever, but still been stupid enough to let go. Kate, who could make my knees go weak, just by looking at me.

“The next performance is Liam!”

I felt my heart pound even harder than before, tightening my grip on my brand new guitar. I had bought it for my performance, and so that Niall could teach me the chords. Even now, after hours and hours of practice, I was still not confident.

Why?

Because not only did Kate make my heart race, but also always managed to make all my confidence leave me in seconds. Taking another deep breath, I stepped out onto the stage.

Feeling my legs go weak from the pressure, I sat down on the chair that Kate had been seated just minutes before. “Hey everyone, this song is for this amazing girl, who stole my heart and still has it, even know…”

I felt my eyes prickle with tears. “I love her. So much.”

Blocking out the audience, I focused on my speech. I was so stupid, why would she take me back? But I knew, I had to finish my talk, even if it fucked everything up.

That was why I was here.

My eyes flickered to Niall, who gave me a thumbs up. “And thank you to Niall for teaching me to play this song on guitar, I appreciate it, mate.”

Taking a deep breath, I gazed at Kate, my eyes holding hers.

“Kate, this one is for you.”

Taking confidence as I saw her eyes go wide and her figure freeze, I started to sing.

“Girl I see it in your eyes you're disappointed, cause I’m the foolish one that you anointed with your heart. I tore it apart…”

-------------

Kate’s POV

I was speechless, a thousand thoughts flying through my head all at once.

Liam was singing to me.

“Girl I see it in your eyes you’re disappointed, ‘cause I’m the foolish one that you anointed with your heart. I tore it apart…”

And as if the very idea of him singing to me wasn’t beautiful enough; his voice was. Plus, the song was perfect, and seemed to be written about our situation. Closing my eyes, I soaked in the sound.

“And girl, what a mess I made upon your innocence. And no woman in the world deserves this, but here I am asking you for one more chance…”

His voice was so perfect as it washed over me. As I opened my eyes again, my gaze met Liam’s. Letting my eyes flick down to his mouth, I stared at his striking, pink lips as he sang the words.

“Can we fall one more time? Stop the tape and rewind,” He sang, and suddenly I understood the intensity of the song. He was asking for me to take him back.

“Oh and if you walk away I know I’ll fade, ‘cause there is nobody else… It’s gotta be you…”

There were so many things I could have done at that moment; sob in happiness that he actually loved me back or waited to the end of the song, before running on stage and kissing him silly. But I didn’t.

Me, being me, and also being terrible in those situations, it didn’t even cross my mind to do any of those things.

Instead I stood up, my eyes still locked in Liam’s chocolate gaze, before turning and sprinting out of the room. So with that, I left the room. Left all my peers behind, as well as Beatrice, and Ellie, and the four other members of One Direction.

And yet again, I left Liam behind, up on that scary stage, singing to me.

Stupid, stupid me.

~~~~~~~~~

Bonjour!

Here is the next chapter of No Payne, No Gain. I'm sorry it took so long, I was away on holiday.

Okay, so I really need to talk to someone, so as you are all there, I will talk - more like vent - to you.

Don't get me wrong, I love One Direction so much it hurts. Well, I guess that's abit of what I was going to talk to you about.

Yeasterday, i was in the car back from my holiday, and I was listening to the radio and WMYB came on. And unlike every other Directioner, who would sing along and grin from ear-to-ear, I wasnted to cry. 

To be honest, I don't know what's wrong with me, but everytime I see a picture of the boys, or a status about them on Facebook, I feel like crying and I emedietly feel depressed. That is why I avoid Twitter; so that I avoid all the tweets (either from the boys or "omg, I met Harry!!!") and so that I don't see the Twitcams. There was one today, and the only way I found out was because of Tumblr. I saw gifs of Harry's beautiful face and I felt tears prickling at my eyes.

So to sum that up: One Direction are ruining my life with their perfection.

I can't focus on anything, and yesterday on Liam's bday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIAM!!!) I told my dad that we had to be back home so that I could tweet Liam and say Happy Birthday, eventhough he didn't notice me and I knew he never would. I remember more facts about 1D than I should (most Directioners do), and I seem to know more about them, than my school work.

One Direction are like my little secret in my head, but now everything is spiralling out of control. I don't even know how I'm gonna survive when I go to see them next year.

1D used to make me happy, but now, I just feel sad. And the worst thing is, I seem to be the only one to feel that way.

Urgh, I bet none of your read all that. Oh well, no-one listens to me anyway.

Sorry if the chapter was crappy, but please Vote, Comment and Fan - It makes me smile. Thanks for reading

I love you all,
Eden xoxoxo 

Ps: Listen to the song on the side - Skinny Love by Birdy - I know it's kinda old, but I kinda just descovered it and it calms me. Oh and the gif is of Liam's sexy dancing >>>