Prologue

Copyright © 2012 Eden

All rights reserved.

This book or any portion thereof
may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever
without the express written permission of the publisher
except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

Any of the plot, characters and places are owned by me,
apart from One Direction, their friends, family and real places, 
who are all owned by their rightful owners.

Prologue

“So… How do you think the English exam went?” he asked as we ambled down the frost-lined path.

“Fine, I suppose,” I replied, pulling my coat tighter around myself. “How about you?”

“Kate, you know how bad my grammar is.” He chuckled, looking out at the huge park before us.

I laughed too, before remembering why I was here. “Liam, seriously. Why did you ask me to come here?”

“What’s wrong with wanting to hang out with my girlfriend?” he said, somewhat uneasily.

“Oh please, Liam,” I started. “You sent me a text saying ‘we have to talk’.”

He looked away, avoiding my eyes. I reached up and cupped his cold cheeks with my hands, softly turning his face towards me.

“Liam James Payne, are you going to break up with me?” I asked, nibbling my bottom lip.

His eyes shot back to mine, and he shook his head ferociously. “No!”

My arms dropped back to my sides. “What is it then? Please tell me what’s going on.”

“I’m going to try out for the X Factor again, Kate,” he said, finally, his chocolate eyes boring into mine.

My body flooded with surprise. “Really?! That’s great, Li!”

He smiled half-heartedly.

“Wait,” I said, suddenly suspicious. “What are you not telling me?”

“Uh, well, I’ll have to move temporarily to London, if I get into boot camp,” he said, looking away from me, into the distance.

I felt my heart sink in my chest. He couldn’t leave me. “Oh,” I said, looking at my feet. “When are you going?”

“On Tuesday.”

My head snapped up. “That’s in less than a week, Liam!”

“I know,” he said quietly. “I’m sorry.”

We stood in silence, the cold nipping at our cheeks. Then Liam reached forward and pulled me towards him. I let him, of course, because just be near him was paradise.

“I have something for you,” he said softly.

“What is it?”

He pulled back, reaching into the pocket of his worn jacket. I stood back, watching him curiously. He fished out a tiny box, and looked up at me.

“Kate, since the moment I met you, I have known we have a connection. Like a bond. Oh god, I don’t even know what I’m talking about," he started, stumbling over his words. "Uh, basically, Kate, I love you so, so much. So much it scared me sometimes.” He took a deep breath, before continuing. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want us to grow old together.”

He opened the box. Inside was a ring with a tiny diamond on. It must have cost a fortune, I thought as I felt my stomach flutter. “Liam. Are you proposing to me?”

“What? No. No!” He said, shaking his head wildly. Then he sighed. “Let me finish.”

I nodded, numb by both the cold and the beautiful words coming out of his mouth.

“I want to make you a promise, Kate. A promise that one day, we will get married. I love you.” He picked up the ring and slid it on my shaking finger.

“But what about X Factor?”

“I won’t let some talent contest come in our way, babe,” he said, cupping my cheeks and pecking my lips. I pulled away.

“Promise you’ll never forget me?” I begged, my vision blurry with tears.

“I promise.”

~~~~

Hellloooo

New Storyyy and you can just guess who it is about ;)

Happy reading :)

Vote, Comment and Fan!

Eden xx

PS: This is the rewritten version of the prologue, hope you are all okay with this.