Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Ellie found me, what seemed like an eternity later, sobbing in my dorm. Yet again, I had fucked up majorly.

Liam loved me.

My spirits lightened as I kept repeating it over and over in my head. He actually loved me. Me.

But I had messed it up. Who runs away from the person they love while they are confessing? Exactly, no one. Plus, he was saying it infront of a whole crowd. Oh God, that just made it worse.

“Hey,” Ellie said softly.

Placing my head in my hands, I didn’t even bother looking at her. Ellie sat down with a sigh, rubbing my back soothingly. “It’s okay. Everything is gonna be fine.”

“No, it’s not!” I cried, before more sobs wracked over me.

I wondered what Liam was doing now. After I had run away from him he had probably forgotten about me…

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. My head snapped the door, not daring to hope it was-

“Liam,” I breathed, as the door opened to present the perfect body of the love of my life.

“Hi,” he said, waving awkwardly.

“Hey.” I smiled through my tears. Liam was there. He had come after me.

Ellie inched towards the door. “Um, I’ll just go then…”

Nodding briefly at her, I turned back to Liam, who smiled at her gratefully. Once she was gone, he came towards me, before sitting down on my bed, too far away from me to my liking.

Smiling at him awkwardly, I looked down at my hands, not knowing what to say. Suddenly, his hand was beneth my chin, pulling my face up. His eyes bored into mine, and I felt my heart race.

“I meant it you know,” Liam said, still holding my face in his wonderful hands.

“W-what?” I stuttered.

“I meant it when I said I loved you,” he said, a grave look on his face. “You know that right?”

I nodded mutely, before he leaned in and kissed me. He kissed me.

Once what was going on sunk in, my eyes widened and I realized I didn’t know how to respond. Weird how this was what I had wanted forever, but didn’t know what to do.

I pushed Liam away softly, before sighing. “Liam, wait.”

Seeing the pain on his face as he opened his mouth to speak, I placed a finger on his lips. Then he took my hands in his, waiting for me to speak. Looking up at him, I took a breath.

“Liam…”

He nodded, urging me on.

“What about Beatrice?!” As he opened his mouth to reply, I continued, cutting him off. “You were smoking, Liam. Since when do you smoke?”

He sighed. “Me and Beatrice are over, I already told you. I never liked her anyway…”

I arched my eyebrow quizzically and he smiled.

“Okay, I did like her, but never as much as I liked you…” he trailed off, looking down at his hands.

I smiled, happy with his answer. Then I remembered. “What about the smoking?”

“The smoking…” he said, seeming unsure if he should tell. Eventually, when I had given up on an answer, he spoke. “I smoked because I was jealous, Kate… I couldn’t cope when I saw you with Jamie and, well, I tried to… oh I don’t know.”

All I could do was stare at Liam as he sat there. He looked so broken, his head in his hands. He was jealous?

Oh, wow. That day was just getting crazier and crazier.

Using a finger, I lifted Liam’s face up to meet mine and as my eyes met mine, I leaned in and pressed my lips to his. But before I had even managed to get into it, Liam was the one to push me away.

Staring at him in confusion, he smiled apologetically. “Sorry, Kate. Don’t worry, I want to kiss you too, but I need to um, ask you something first.”

“O-okay.”

He reached into his pocket, fishing out a little velvet box, causing a flood of déjà vu to flow over me. I knew what was coming before he even opened his mouth, but my breath still hitched when he spoke.

“Yeah, I still have this,” Liam said, laughing awkwardly. “Um, I don’t know what to say, but I…”

I nodded, urging him on.

“I love you, Kate,” he said, his voice cracking halfway through. “Will you accept this promise ring, promising that one day, we will get married?”

I smiled, nodding ferociously. “Yes. Yes!

Liam grinned, slipping the ring on my finger, where it belonged. The he kissed me, and this time, we weren’t interrupted…

~~~~~

This is the shittiest chapter ever, I'm sorry. At least they're together..

Go check out my new Harry fanfic, I've got the Styles. Thanks. Love you all xoxo