Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I had been avoiding Liam. I actually thought he cared about me, but of course he didn’t. He had a fucking girlfriend.

A girlfriend he was entangled with when I came into the room. I girlfriend who is a complete bitch.

He had tried to call me many times and text me too. But I ignored them.

Well, life goes on, but to me it felt like it had stopped in time. And I felt numb.

Jogging. It was the best way to clear my mind. I woke up after little sleep. It was partly because I couldn’t sleep because of Liam, and also because I had come back to my dorm after midnight, so I was sure Liam had gone and Barbie was asleep.

I got out of bed silently and slipped on a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a crop top. I tied up my trainers and pulled up my hair. I grabbed my iPod, too, it would help clear my mind.

I checked my bedside clock as I left. 7:30 in the morning. Plus, it was the weekend. Hardly anyone would be up. I slipped out the door and walked down the corridor. I plugged in my headphones and put my iPod on shuffle, as I left the building.

The first song that came on was Adele Make You Feel My Love. I started jogging, keeping the rhythm of the song in my step.

When the rain

Is blowing in your face

And the whole world

Is on your case

I could offer you

A warm embrace

To make you feel my love

I realised the song reflected my feelings towards Liam. How I would always be there for him.

When the evening shadows

And the stars appear

And there is no - one there

To dry your tears

I could hold you

For a million years

To make you feel my love

I quickly changed to the next song, hoping it was something better.

Standing in a line

Wonder why it don't move

Tryna get a hand

Watching people break the rules

And maybe the man in charge, doesn't like my face

But then this world's not always good

Rebecca Ferguson’s unique voice floated into my ears. Her voice was so soothing.

And nothing's real but love

Nothing's real but love

No money, no house, no car, can beat love...