Blackbird

"Come on Claire, he knows we were coming" George said holding the door for me as I blankly stared at the apartment, I snapped out of my trance when George bent down in front of me as he held my hand.

"What George?" I replied looking down at him.

"Were uh here, ready to get out?" I guess George knew I would feel a little backward about seeing um together but I felt better with him and Paul with me as I had a excuse to go if I felt like crying all of a sudden.

"Uh yeah" I stepped out and he shut the door behind me.

"Yous go on a head for a second, just got to lock up the car" me and Paul nodded and he held my hand as we went up to the main entrance, he pushed a button which had the number 12 on it and held it for a few seconds, it beeped twice then Ringo spoke.

"Hello?" Paul looked at me before he replied.

"Alright Rich, we're here, can we come up?" George ran up the path and stood next to me.

"You ok?" he whispered to me and I nodded.

"Sure, come up, Claire with ya?" his tone changed a little when he said my name but I obviously replied.

"Yeah I'm here" George smiled and took a look back at the car.

"Good, the doors open" Paul let go of the button and opened the door for us, George went first then me and lastly Paul.

I followed George up the 2 flights of stairs till we reached the apartment "ready?" he asked.

"I guess" he lightly knocked of the door and we waited for a few seconds till we heard the click of the catch, Ringo pulled open the door.

"Alright Rich" George said walking through, he held my hand and pulled me with him.

"Yeah I'm fine, coming in Paul?" Ringo asked looking at Paul as he was in hi own world glancing down the hall.

"Oh yeh, sorry" he walked in and Ringo shut the door, it was a nice little place, well I say little, it was quite roomy for a apartment, George and I sat on the sofa opposite Zeta, Paul came and sat on the other side of me then Ringo sat on the chair next to Zeta.

All was silent for the first few minutes, George kept my hand with twined his, Ringo and Zeta both looked down at it "so, um Claire, get the invite?" I nodded.

"Coming?" I shrugged.

"Uh huh" he looked at Zeta then back to me "should we leave the girls to have a gossip while we have a couple drinks?" he suggested, George looked reluctant but let go and going the others leaving me alone with Zeta, I had no clue what to bloody say so silence fell again.

"Are you and George dating" she asked twiddling her thumbs.

"George? no, why'd you ask" she done one of them single laughs that sounds like a cough before she answered.

"Just asking, you seemed pretty much like a couple, you suit him, if you know what I mean" I unknowingly nodded as if I knew what she meant but I had no clue, I didn't want to ask yet I wanted to know what she meant.

For the next ten minutes or so we slightly talked like only a few words per sentence sort of thing, I didn't really want to talk her but I had to do something while the others were have there own little conversation out in the kitchen "mind if I go out of the balcony?" I asked and she nodded, she was nice and all but I had no reason to talk anymore, I got up and pushed the curtains to the side as I stepped out, it was still kind of early so it was quite bright out, a little blackbird flew on to the rail and began tweeting to me, it was a very cute bird, pretty, the bird stopped and looked at me, I giggled for some reason but before I knew it, the bird flew into the apartment.